Keeping the Name a Secret?

iVillage Member
Keeping the Name a Secret?
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 8:17am

Rosie Pope (maternity concierge and star of Bravo's 'Pregnant in Heels') recommends that you don't share your name choice unless you are ready to hear possible negative reactions.

'Pregnant in Heels' Star Rosie Pope on Baby NameTrends-http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-heels-star-rosie-pope-baby-name-trends/6-a-337836?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

Once you've decided on the perfect name, do you plan to share it with your friends and family prior to baby's birth or will you keep it to yourself until baby is born?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-03-2012 - 9:40pm
we didn't share dd's name before she was born for pretty much this reason (actually, we didn't actually name her until she was born and we met her. we went into the delivery room with two name possiblilities) and we'll do the same with this lo. my family *hates* it, but since we find out the sex, I like there to be some element of surprise at the birth.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 4:22pm
Well, I can now do quick reply. I'm not even sure that I'm going to tell people the gender at this point. However, chances are pretty good that people won't learn the name until the very end or I have this little one.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 12:46pm

We don't usually find out the sex and we don't share our names. I just like to surprise people at the end. :) Plus the last couple of pregnancies we've been hard pressed to have names ready by the end, so it's not like we have tons of time to share anyway. :)

Miriam, mom to Elise (9), Will (5), Seth (3), Emma (in heaven), and little one due 06/17/13

Family Photo

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 9:32am

We don't plan on finding out the sex but do have names picked out for each sex. We will share them and just ignore those who have something negative to say. We did the same with our daughter. It's our child so we really don't care what others have to say. 

Photobucket