New set of changes?

iVillage Member
New set of changes?
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 6:23pm

I can't tell what's read or unread or has new messages since the last time I looked.

Back to facebook. The EC group may be tiny and slow, but there's other stuff besides pregnancy. Oy.

Kate

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 10:40pm

I am sooo frustrated by this change. I have a feeling ivillage may have pushed everyone away for the LAST time. Stupid move.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 10:40pm

I am sooo frustrated by this change. I have a feeling ivillage may have pushed everyone away for the LAST time. Stupid move.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 12:29am

Hi ladies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are so frustrated by the changes.  Please know that our tech team is working hard to iron out the kinks we are experiencing.  Is there anything specific I can help clarify or that you are having difficulty with? Please let me know and I'll see if I can find an answer or solution that may help with the frustration.

Also, CD Jessica is posting updates about the message board fixes over on our iVillage Help topic.  You can find her updates there and please feel free to post any questions or concerns you may have.

iVillage Help- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

Also, I'm happy to answer your questions via email.  Please send an email to pboards@mail.ivillage.com and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 10:31am

As I said, "I can't tell what's read or unread or has new messages since the last time I looked."

Also, a lot of messages take me to an error page, so I can't read the topic at all, usually the ones I'm actually interested in.

I'll just hope the Facebook EC group gets bigger. This stinks. I didn't like the first set of changes I saw, coming back after a long break... to have all this crap a few days later... uh uh... I have better things to do.

Kate

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 10:31am

As I said, "I can't tell what's read or unread or has new messages since the last time I looked."

Also, a lot of messages take me to an error page, so I can't read the topic at all, usually the ones I'm actually interested in.

I'll just hope the Facebook EC group gets bigger. This stinks. I didn't like the first set of changes I saw, coming back after a long break... to have all this crap a few days later... uh uh... I have better things to do.

Kate

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 10:51am

I m feeling genuinely good for new set of changes really i m telling you sorry to bothered against your opinion.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:17am
I haven't been able to get any replies to post yet. So, I'm seeing if this goes through :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 12:14pm

Hi Kate,

Jessica, our Community Director, posted an update about the read/undread posts issue just last night over on the iVillage Help topic.  I'll copy her reply here:

As far as New vs. Read messages, we did know that we were going live without the "Mark as New / Mark as Read" feature. (In fact, I need to ask the team if they can remove this from quick links. It's misleading to have it there.) Not having the New or Read classifications right now impacts the way threads are displayed (there's nothing to trigger a change from bold to unbold) and it impacts the tracking of which posts you haven't read (just as you suspected.) This New vs. Read thing, as you can see, is a mini-project in itself. Once we get some of the missing and non-working features back up and running, we're tackling these types of mini-projects.

I hope that helps a bit!  I know it is frustrating that it isn't working right now, but know that this feature will be back for sure.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 12:15pm

mistletoe76 wrote:
I haven't been able to get any replies to post yet. So, I'm seeing if this goes through :)

Looks like it worked!  I can see your reply just fine. Smile

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 8:28pm

So Kristy from reading this basically they are saying that for now you have to suck it up and deal...and that your going to have to go through all 60 posts in a thread to find the ones you havent seen or read yet. (vs before it would just take you directly to the last one you read)?!

I know some of my more active ivillage groups have DYK or chat threads that get rather long...so we shoud prolly start daily threads so we dont all get lost or stuck reading 60 plus posts?!

Hopefully they dont take forever to figure this out. :-(