Pain Relief During Labor

iVillage Member
Pain Relief During Labor
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 8:55am

Comfort measures are strategies designed to help you cope with the pain of labor. A good childbirth preparation class should teach you an assortment of ways to cope, as will many books.

Birth: 30 Comfort Measures to Ease Labor Pain- http://www.ivillage.com/birth-30-comfort-measures-ease-labor-pain/6-a-144651

Have you thought about how you will manage pain during labor? Will you opt for an epidural? Attempt a medication free delivery? What's your plan?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-14-2013 - 10:09pm
We're planning to go unmedicated/natural. We're taking a Blissborn class this time around (self hypnosis- similar to Hypnobirth). I'm really excited because I really like the class and can see how it would really help in labor. I took Bradley classes with my first but ended up with an epidural due to having to be induced and crazy bad pitocin back labor :-( really, really hoping we can go all the way this time!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 9:56am

I'm hoping to have an unmedicated VBAC.  I'm not opposed to an epidural, however, so that is still on the table if I really need it.  However, I'm going into this planning to go unmedicated.  Fingers crossed!