So who is going to continue exercising this pregnancy??

iVillage Member
So who is going to continue exercising this pregnancy??
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 4:39pm

I found out I was pregnant last Monday afternoon, and have exercised four times since then (which is four more times than I exercised in my last 3 pregnancies combined!). I have been super active, exercising (yoga, running) 5-6 days a week since my YDD was 8 weeks old. I really want to keep it up. And -- bonus -- I've found that I feel better (no m/s) while exercising. Check back with me in a month -- I wonder if I'll still be working out -- but I'm hoping I can continue for a while!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member

I'm not working out much right now due to m/s but I hope to get back to my regular routine of running 3 days a week and doing yoga. I'm going to try yoga tomorrow so we see how that goes.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I am! I use the gym on campus, and I just joined one closer to home as well. Involved in a pretty good strength training and cardio plan. :)
iVillage Member

Well I had my first yoga class today since the m/s kicked in and I made it through. It was hard to some of it but just had to remember to breath through it.

How are you doing?

Photobucket

iVillage Member

I was doing the couch to 5k plan and was up to running over 20 minutes straight, which is really good for me. I kept running when I found out I was pregnant until one day I came back and felt like I was going to throw up. Since then I can't imagine pulling myself out of bed in the morning and getting out to run. I've realized that doing something will probably help my mood and how I feel, so I've started yesterday getting out to walk in the afternoons. I'm not going far because I have the kids with me then, but at least it is something. I had high hopes to keep up my activity level for as long as possible but I underestimated how hard it would be to deal with the morning sickness this time around.

Miriam, mom to Elise (9), Will (5), Seth (3), Emma (in heaven), and little one due 06/17/13

Family Photo