Surprise twins for 3rd pregnancy

iVillage Member
Surprise twins for 3rd pregnancy
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 9:13am

Hi everyone been creeping the bored for a bit...Well I am in my 15th week of my 3rd pregnancy.  I had to beg my husband for us to try for a third baby. he kept saying no he was happy with our two we already have ( boy 6 , girl 2)  but i always imagined myself with 3 and felt incomplete.  So finally i convinced him to try for one more.  Well we found out at 7 weeks after an episode of some bleeding ( i have had 4 previous miscarriages) and an ultrasound in emerg that we were having twins.  My husband was upset at first and so was i,  this was more than we bargained for.  Our house is not that big and we cannot afford to move for another few years. But anyways after the initial shock wore off and we shuffled rooms around and organized how things were gonna fit we are now becoming excited about the idea of twins.  we find out next week the genders.  We r still worried about how we are gonna handle four kids ,  but its sinking in.  I am hopeful i will be able to breatfeed the twins exclusively as i did my first two but am nervous about it.  Just wondering if any moms of twins have any advice for me on what to expect.  thanks so much for reading 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 9:20am

that should have said creeping the board lol

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 10:23am

Hi there,

Congratulations on expecting TWINS!  How exciting!  I'm sure it was a bit of a shock at first, but how much fun!  Welcome to the June 2013 Expecting Club. I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey.  Wishing you a very happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy.

Also, you may want to visit our Pregnant with Multiples topic here on iVillage.  The board is filled with ladies who know what you are going through (or have been there themselves!) and I'm sure they'll have a ton of great twin tips to share with you.

Here's a link:  http://www.ivillage.com/forums/forum/18643

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 5:19pm

That is exactly what happened to us. We tried for one more (son is 6 and daughter is 2) and now I'm 19 weeks pregnant with twins. 

Siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 11:28am
Wow! How exciting! I always wanted twins but I can imagine that it is a lot to take in when you find out they are on the way. Have you thought about names at all yet?
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 4:22pm
Names are definetly going to be hard..Im picky i dont like unisex names, and i dont want common or popular names..i like unique but not weird...my sons name is kade and my daughter who is 2 is named alina...gonna be tough to pick out two more girl names that we (I) like lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 4:23pm
Names are definetly going to be hard..Im picky i dont like unisex names, and i dont want common or popular names..i like unique but not weird...my sons name is kade and my daughter who is 2 is named alina...gonna be tough to pick out two more girl names that we (I) like lol
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 10:37pm

that's so exciting! and i totally understand the shocked, not sure how to feel about it intial reaction. I always thought having twins would be fun, but a lot of work for sure! especially the thrid time around!