Tuesday Check In 11.13.12

iVillage Member
Tuesday Check In 11.13.12
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 6:11pm

How are you? Any m/s, cravings, aversions or fatigue? The board is so incredibly dead that it's depressing Cry. I come and check it every day but if there aren't any new threads I just browse and leave. I thought I'd start a thread in hopes that we get more active. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 6:15pm

I'm 9 weeks today and am still exhausted. I had one or two days with some bouts of nausea but that seems to have subsided. I have another appointment this Thursday and I'm hoping they'll do another u/s to double check the measurements. At the first u/s 3 weeks ago their dates were 4 days off of mine but I know exactly when I ovulated thanks to temping and OPK's. They won't officially change my date unless they are off by 5 days or more though. So, I'm using my own due date while they are using June 14th which is based off of LMP. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 6:57pm

I'm still having pregnancy symptoms, so I'm taking that as a good sign. I have m/s and am puking despite medication to help stop it (I need to talk to them about upping it), cravings that vary all the time. Aversions...I can't touch raw meat, can't stand bad smells, and I will notice the bad smells before good ones (unless I'm cutting an onion). Definitely fatigued, sore boobs, but still not puking like I did with my third boy, so that makes me happy. It is sad that things are so quiet. I wish things would pick up again, but I noticed a decline in people with each change.

And I have an appointment with my OB/GYN for December 19th, and I'm praying like mad that I get the call from the midwives that I'm accepted there, because I don't want to see her after all the problems in trying to see her when I couldn't get pregnant and having no AF.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 3:26pm

Sorry I know it's not Tuesday anymore but I've had some problems getting our EC page to load.

Here's my update: Still have m/s though it seems to be easying a little. Really hoping it is better by Thanksgiving. We had a stomach virus go through the house and that was horrible. Couldn't keep anything down. Thankfully it only lasted a day and then I was back to just m/s. I've learned I can not eat and drink at the same time. I throw up a lot less if I drink a half and hour before or after I eat. I have also started having heartburn and it's giving me a bad taste in my mouth so annoying. Have an appointment with my RE on Monday and if all goes well I will be released to my OB.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 10:02pm
I'm late too answering this, but here's my update: -My morning sickness had seemed to be improving, but the last two days have not been good at all. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. -I'm exhausted quite a bit of the time. I slept over 11 hours last night and still have been tired all day today. -I haven't had an appointment yet, still have to wait 2 1/2 weeks to see my midwife. I'm a little impatient, but at least I know that she should be pretty sure to find a heartbeat that late. :)

Miriam, mom to Elise (9), Will (5), Seth (3), Emma (in heaven), and little one due 06/17/13

Family Photo

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 11:31pm
Sorry I'm so late on this! I'm sooooo sick and soooo tired. I'm seriously nauseous for most of the day. I'm actually throwing up slightly less than with DD, but I have way more nausea. It's really getting me down :-/ I actually got a prescription for zofran from my ob at my last appointment. I haven't actually taken it yet, I hate taking any kinds of meds during pregnanacy, but there have been a couple of days where DH had to stay home from work bc I was too sick to take care of DD (or myself for that matter). So, I will use it if I have to, he can't keep missing work. I have a lot of food aversions, and they change all the time. Eating is a constant challenge of "what won't make me puke right now?". It seems to help if I eat more frequently. I usually feel ok for about 20 mins after eating. Smells really get to me - I can't even do dishes (poor DH!). **OK. Literally had to pause typing this response to go throw up. Sheesh!** Anyway, I feel like a Debby Downer. I am still very thankful for this LO! I'm just having a hard time right now. My OB did move my EDD up a little at my last appointment so at least I'm further along than we originally thought (and hopefully that much closer to the end of m/s!).
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 10:12am

Sorry that I'm a week late on this.  Last week was crazy at work, so I didn't have time to log in here.  Anyway...

Besides being so completely exhausted I'm actually doing ok for the most part.  Some nausea, but chewing on a mint or eating some crackers keeps me from throwing up.  I really can't stomach eating chicken right now and I find eating a PB&J sandwich works instead of the family dinner some nights.  Smells are really getting to me and I can't do the dishes either.  This overwhelming fatigue is really getting to me though and my back's really been hurting lately.  But, doing better than my last pregnancy, so I don't really feel like I should be complaining.

I HATE that it's so dead here!  

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3