Who's having a baby shower?

iVillage Member
Who's having a baby shower?
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 12:24pm

Do you think you'll have one?  I'm expecting my second child so I'm feeling a little funny about having another shower.  However, my MIL and mom are both insisting we have one.  What is your plan? 

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 10:31pm

I doubt I'll have one, this being our second baby and my family generally having a "showers are for first babies" opinion. I think all babies should be celebrated and definitely don't think it's weird or selfish to have a shower for subsequent babies. It doesn't have to be the same kind of shower, with the huge registry (or any registry at all). I'm trying to celebrate this little one by doing a gender reveal party instead and possibly an open-house, meet and greet after they arrive. Gotta have some kind of celebration for the baby book! lol.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-03-2013 - 3:57pm

I say do whatever feels right for you and who cares what others think. Each baby should be celebrated. Now I think since this is our second we are just going to do a meet and greet party. That is partly because we are not finding out the sex. This way people can meet baby and get gender appropriate items if they want.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 10:11am

stormilynn wrote:
<p>I doubt I'll have one, this being our second baby and my family generally having a "showers are for first babies" opinion. I think all babies should be celebrated and definitely don't think it's weird or selfish to have a shower for subsequent babies. It doesn't have to be the same kind of shower, with the huge registry (or any registry at all). I'm trying to celebrate this little one by doing a gender reveal party instead and possibly an open-house, meet and greet after they arrive. Gotta have some kind of celebration for the baby book! lol.</p>

I agree that every baby should be celebrated!  A gender reveal party is such a fun idea!  Have you hosted it yet?  If so, how did it go?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 10:13am

babyaholic2010 wrote:
<p>I say do whatever feels right for you and who cares what others think. Each baby should be celebrated. Now I think since this is our second we are just going to do a meet and greet party. That is partly because we are not finding out the sex. This way people can meet baby and get gender appropriate items if they want.</p>

I love the idea of a meet and greet!  Everyone will love seeing the baby and it is a perfect choice since you are staying on the green team!

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 10:04pm

It went really well, thanks! We had a bit of a scare because we scheduled the party (and sent invites and everything) according to when we had the anatomy scan done - and then they couldn't see the sex of the baby at the scan! Luckily I was able to squeeze in anthother ultrasound (we had to go back in anyway bc they didn't get all of the views of the heart they needed) before the date of the party. I was so worried I'd have to move the date of the party which would have been problematic bc one of my sisters was coming in from out of town just for the occasion and my other sister was leaving the country for 4 months like a week later. Anyway, it was really fun to do :-) And we're having another little girl!

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2013 - 2:25pm

Make money with Google. $85 an hour! Seriously I don't know why more people haven't tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And what’s awesome is I’m working from home so I get more time with my kids. Here’s where I went, www.work27.com (Click on home for details)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-27-2013 - 4:36pm

I am. :) This is our second/third (my ds is almost 14 and stepd is 16) ~ and we were unprepared. lol Our church and families are having one together for us. It will be a new experience for me, since DS came two days before when the shower for him had been scheduled (& thus didn't happen). lol After being convinced we were having a boy (for which I was prepared and excited for), I can't wait for all the pink at the shower. :)