Expecting #4 -- my "October Surprise"!

iVillage Member
Expecting #4 -- my "October Surprise"!
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 10:52pm

Hi All,

My name is Mary-Frances, and I think I'm due with my 4th at the end of June! I haven't had a period since -- get this -- July 30, 2010. I got pregnant with my 3rd child during that cycle and have not had my period back yet because of breastfeeding. Anyway ... so I had a hunch something was up and tested on Monday -- BFP. I went to see my OB on Tuesday, had an ultrasound, and they saw a sac that they guessed was about 4 weeks along. I go back in a week for another ultrasound and should know more by then, so if it's ok, I'd love to hang out here until I know more :)! Looking forward to getting to know you all! Oh, my DS is 11, my ODD is 3, and my YDD is almost 18 months. I am calling this baby the October Surprise b/c being pregnant was the furthest thing from my mind, but DH and I are thrilled. I had a lot of issues conceiving my second child, and I was told I would have to do IVF for future pregnancies. My 3rd was a happy surprise, and now this one was, too! So much for my diagnosis of secondary infertility ;)!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 11:19pm

Hi, Mary-Frances! Congratulations and welcome to the group! What a great surprise!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months Laughing

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 7:54am
HI Mary-Frances, Congratulations on expecting your 4th child and welcome to the June 2013 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 1:14pm

Yay, welcome again, Mary-Frances!!

This was a big surprise for us too (lol, I just stopped breastfeeding Heidi in the beginning of October [right after her first birthday]).  I've been pregnant or nursing straight since August 2008 (with a 6 week total break).

Good luck at your next appointment.  Hopefully, everything goes well :)

Photobucket,

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 2:22pm
Congratulations! Our 2nd son was a surprise that happened while I was still breastfeeding, so I know how that goes. I remember going into to date the pregnancy and the nurse asked me when my last period was. I didn't think that information would be all that helpful that time around. ;) This one is a surprise too, but I haven't been nursing for a long time, so not quite the same thing.

Miriam, mom to Elise (9), Will (5), Seth (3), Emma (in heaven), and little one due 06/17/13

Family Photo