So excited to be here!

Avatar for GenMichaelAshlinandBaby
iVillage Member
So excited to be here!
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 2:34pm

So I have not quite been feeling like myself lately. I figured it was from: work travel, stress from moving, graduation in May, new job in June. Selling house and just lots of stuff! 

As I was fighting off terrible nausea one night, I mentioned to my husband to just go get me a pregnancy test so we can rule out pregnancy and get to the bottom of what's wrong with me. He was asking that night for the results, but I wasn't going to take it until the next morning. I figured, we hadn't officially started trying yet, it was only one bd time since last lmp, there's no way I'm pregnant. 

I wake up in the morning before work and decide that it's time to take the test. I do my business and look down at the test half awake and think, is that positive? I look back at the box and the test to confirm to my barely awake mind that, omg I'm pregnant!

I'm holding the test, shaking a little bit and waking my husband to tell him that the test was positive. I'm totally in shock but excited and happy at the same time. Baby number two! 

We have not told our daughter yet (almost seven!) But she's been asking for a brother or sister for a long time. We're waiting to confirm with the doctor that the baby is healthy first. Then will reveal to family and friends. So far, lmp says I'm due June 18th but I'm not confident with that date. I'm not very regular and only one bd day due to travel and being a little sick, so we'll see!  I have a suspicion that the baby is a little further along than my lmp suggests. 

-Gen

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 2:55pm

Hi, Gen!! Congratulations and WELCOME. We are due date buddies as I'm also due on June 18th. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!! I look forward to getting to know you better. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 2:56pm

Congrats! Welcome...hope you are feeling well.  From my LMP, our due dates are close (mine is 6/19)

Photobucket,

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 4:27pm

Thanks Mistletoe76 (hey, what's your real name? lol) & Shirin! Congrats to the both of you too, I'm really thinking my EDD might be a bit earlier than the 18th, because DH & I were together only one time in the last month due to a crazy schedule I had for work and I can't remember exactly what day it was, but it was most definitely on the weekend! We weren't actively trying yet, so I didn't mark the day down. >.<

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 10:49pm
My real name is Melissa. With the changes to ivillage my signature isn't showing up and that has my name, pics of my daughter, etc. Hopefully, it will be up and running soon.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 8:50am
Hi Gen, Congratulations on expecting baby #2 and welcome to the June 2013 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 1:51pm

Remember when I said I didn't think my due date was quite right?  Well...  I was right on the money, although I didn't realize how off my EDD really was. I was having pain last night on my left side and started to worry about an ectopic due to how much pain it was. I ended up going to the ER and they did the blood work (HCG was through the roof as the nurse put it), and ordered an ultrasound. 

Turns out, I didn't have AF last month. o.0  (TMI) I had massive cramps and heavy clotting bleed but through all of that, there was a baby still nestled away. While I had symptoms last month and suspected I may be pregnant, I put it out of my mind since I had what I thought was AF. 

So the pain? Left sided ureter getting caught up in ligaments/scar tissue/uterus - compressing it down and causing my pain. I get to cope with it with Ibuprofen and Tylenol, yay! (ugh). Baby? Alive and well at 11 weeks 5 days! (As of last night) EDD? May 8th, 2013. WOW 

So why did I have what seemed like a normal but very crampy AF? They found marginal placenta previa and now my OB visit has been bumped up to a more high risk OB and this week. The crampy part, I'm still unsure about but the OB will be getting a long list of questions from us this week. 

So here I am, Gen, due May 8th, 2013 11 weeks 6 days. o.0

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 3:35pm

Wow, what a crazy story, Gen! Congratulations on the healthy little 11 week rascal :).  I had marginal placenta previa with my last pregnancy (#3) and thankfully, it resolved on its own (I was able to have a vaginal delivery with no complications).  Will you move to the May EC or stay with us (c'mon, you know you want to stay ;)).

Photobucket,

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 1:22pm

Hard to say!  It's kinda sad because I swore these boards used to be way more active. I checked out babycenter stuff but there's tons of ladies who just beat each other up and it moves way too fast. 

Either way, I'll probably even end up delivering in April! I'm trying to hold out till at least 38 weeks (I've been in negotiations with the baby and I think they're starting to see things my way). So sadly, there's no way I'll have a June baby. :(