*waves* Expecting #2

iVillage Member
*waves* Expecting #2
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 2:27pm

Hi all,

I'm Liv. My DH is Jason and my DS is Callum, he is 2, and a 2010 August Sweetpea. :)

I am due June 15th (may be adjusted a little later since I ovulated late). I'm really excited. I've had two previous losses, so I may lay low the first trimester. But all seems to be going well (I feel like crap!).

I am a SAHM trying to become a published novelist. I'm a pretty crunchy granola attachment/extended breastfeeding/babywearing/cloth diapering/co-sleeping mama. I live in Northern VA and am planning on having a homebirth with this LO.

*wave* I'm so happy to be here. I loved (and still love) being part of an EC with Callum.

Now I gotta work on getting a siggy and some tickers!

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 11:22am

Yay, Liv ;) glad you are joining us! So excited to go through another EC with you

Photobucket,

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 2:59pm
I made the same mistake CDing. All my BGs started leaking at some point...don't know if the elastic got worn out or what. But now I stuff them with two prefolds for overnight and never have a problem! What kind were you using?

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 2:58pm
Thanks Kristy! I think I saw you around the March 2013 EC, before my m/c. How are things going for you?

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 10:06am
Hi Liv, Congratulations on expecting baby #2 and welcome to the June 2013 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 6:42pm
Hi, Liv. Congratulations and welcome! I too am pregnant with #2 and my DD was born in August 2010 although she wasn't due until November. I look forward to getting to know you. Oh, I also plan on Bf again but I gave up on CD'ing. DD was a heavy wetter and would leak through them in less than an hour. I shouldn't have spent so much money on ONE brand of diaper before I tried a few others out. I am probably going to try some prefolds this time around.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 2:29pm

Good luck getting DS into his own bed. I have to work on not nursing her to sleep at night.

Hope the more mainstream book gets some interest. That would be great if it supported you being a SAHM.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 4:04pm
Hi! We're actually trying to get DS in his own bed now, but I am having a hard time with it. He still comes in after a few hours to nurse. I am going to really address that by 20 weeks. :) Nice to meet another CD/BF/BW mom! I am currently working on a YA dark comedy, I completed my first novel this year. It was a fantasy based in celtic folklore. It didn't get any agent interest, so I am trying something a bit more "mainstream." I have my third and fourth novel ideas churning though. I am really hoping it works out as my career, so I can continue to be a SAHM. :)

<
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 3:33pm

Welcome Liv and congrats! Totally understand the laying low. That's really cool that your trying to become a published novelist. What do you write?

I am as well a big fan of breastfeeding, cloth diapers and babywearing. Co-sleeping never worked for our DD.

Photobucket