The ultrasound (blah)

iVillage Member
The ultrasound (blah)
Sat, 11-03-2012 - 7:52pm

I had my ultrasound on Friday, and I've spent the last little bit digesting the news. My ultrasound has said I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant. No visiable heartbeat, though the technician said she could see something in the sac. I was luck to see anything with those dates she also said.

It's one of two things. The first (and what I'm hoping for) is that my dates are off, which is rather possible. I have two dates that I would say I ovulated on, the one being what fertilityfriend gave me, the other based off a temp drop and other signs (though ff.com says otherwise). The second one, is that I am in the process of miscarrying, or it's a missed miscarriage.

I won't hear anything until Monday when they get the results. I'm hoping they'll send me for a beta in the very least, and a follow up ultrasound just to be sure as well. So I'm just asking for P&PT's that it's a matter of dates being 3-4 weeks off, and it's not a miscarriage. And if I don't reply, blame it on the fact that I can't see replies, as much as I wish I could.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 11:20pm

Carrie-Lynn, 

I'm definitely praying that the dates are just off!! With my DD I went in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks and all they saw was a sac so it was nerve wracking. A couple of weeks later they had me come back and there was a baby and a hb. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending prayers for you and your bean!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 7:25am

Any news Carrie-Lynn?

P&PTs coming your way!

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 7:32am

Any news Carrie-Lynn?

P&PTs coming your way!

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 5:12pm
Melissa - Thanks a lot. Robin - Thanks, and no news. They were supposed to call today, and when I called, I got another answering machine this evening. I talked to someone this morning. I'm heading to their patient only walk in, and telling them that I need some answers or a next step because I'm starting to have nightmares.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 6:59pm

I'm sorry that you still don't have answers :( I hope that you get some answers soon though. I know the worry that you are experiencing. (((((HUGS)))))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 2:45pm
I finally have some answers. So the ultrasound actually said that I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant at the time (meaning I have a July 1st due date, but I may just jump between the groups), and probably have a bicornuate uterus with the baby having implanted in the right horn. They doubled checked to make sure I'm still getting a positive test, and I have a repeat ultrasound on the 23rd to make sure things are still moving along as it should. I also found out that the lab never gave them the results like the lab said they would.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 2:01pm

So happy you got some answers. July 1st due date you good easily still be a June mom. That is so annoying that lab didn't do what it's suppose to. Hope all goes well on the 23rd.

Photobucket