Quickening- What Does It Feel Like?

iVillage Member
Quickening- What Does It Feel Like?
Wed, 12-12-2012 - 11:04am

Fluttering, bubbles, tickling, gas -- these are all terms moms-to-be have used to describe the feeling of baby’s first noticeable movements. "Quickening" -- the technical term for this sensation -- is tough to describe since, as any mom can tell you, it feels like nothing else you've experienced. But it's often referred to in a?   loving way, like butterfly kisses or fluttering wings. It’s feeling you learn to cherish and is one of the most miraculous and enjoyable parts of pregnancy.

http://www.ivillage.com/what-babys-first-movements​-really-feel-our-community-weighs/6-a-289486?ice=...

Have you felt baby move yet?  If so, how would you describe those first movements

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-16-2012 - 8:41am

It always reminded me of a non painful muscle spasm. It's the best way I can describe so that people who've never felt it are able to understand.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 10:22pm
I'm pretty sure I am feeling baby move. In fact I thought I felt it move before Thanksgiving. It has been rare, but in the last week has gotten more common, so I am pretty sure it is the baby and not something else. For me it feels like when someone flicks you with their finger, but very gently.

Miriam, mom to Elise (9), Will (5), Seth (3), Emma (in heaven), and little one due 06/17/13

Family Photo