Baby #2 is...

iVillage Member
Baby #2 is...
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 9:24pm

A GIRL!

The baby cooperated at the u/s today and I found out Haven is getting a little sister :-) I somehow knew all along we were having a girl (I seriously would have been blown away if it were a boy). DH doesn't know yet, he wants to be surprised at our gender reveal party on Sunday. Originally, we were both going to be surprised by having the u/s tech write down the sex and then mailing that to a friend of mine who is making reveal cupcakes for us. BUT, baby was shy at our first anatomy scan and the tech couldn't see the sex so we then didn't have time to mail the results to our baker before the party date we'd already set for Sunday. So I just went ahead and found out and called the baker today! It feels weird being the only one who knows! I did tell DD, but she's only 17 months old and doesn't really know what I'm talking about, lol. Anyway, I'm excited to have two girls relatively close in age. I feel a small twinge of sympathy for DH bc I know he would have loved a boy, but he'll be just as happy for another healthy girl.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-03-2013 - 4:09pm

Another girl so exciting! It must be weird knowing and not being able to say anything. At least she cooperated the second time around.Hope your party goes well. Let us know how DH takes the news.

I'm in a similar boat as you DD is 21 months and I think it would be nice to have a sister so close in age but I wouldn't mind a boy either.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 11:01pm
I also just found out we are having another girl (boy first, then girl and now girl again), I am over joyed! This is the last- and I would of been sad that my little girl wouldn't have a sister to grow up with (as I had 4)- Also there would of been 6 years between my son and the new baby so that would make room sharing and all that difficult, and I absolutely love love little girl clothes- they are so stinkin cute! I seriously expected this baby to be a boy (which would of been fine), but not sure how I got so lucky to actually get what I really hoped it was- Congrats on the girl!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15bb05.aspx[/img][/url]

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 10:10pm

It was kind of weird being the only one to know, but not as hard as I suspected. Which I really attribute to the fact that I just really really felt all along that this was a girl, so it was kinda like "oh, yeah, I knew that already" lol.

DH is estatic. He is so in love with DD1 that he is just gushing about having another girl and how cute they will be together. I know he wants a boy but we feel very strongly that we'd like to adopt at some point so he knows he will get one eventually :-) plus i think we may not be done having babies yet, I think I'd like to do this one more time.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 10:18pm

Congrats to you too! Girls are so much fun (especially to dress). It did work out pretty perfectly for you, since your boy is a bit older to have another girl :-) I really hope my girls are close growing up and that they don't fight all the time from having to share everything, lol.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-01-2013 - 5:22pm

Congrats! How exciting!!!