Dr appt update 10 weeks 2 days

iVillage Member
Dr appt update 10 weeks 2 days
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 8:08pm

Just got back from my Dr's office. At first she couldn't find the second baby when she found baby 2 we have heart rates of 176 and 186 (I honestly think she measured one baby twice, she was having such a hard time measuring with the u/s machine) but she can't get them in the same from to label Baby A and Baby B. I'm thinking I may need to change Drs because not only is she incapable of dealing my twins but she now thinks I have a bi corndinate uterus or 2 uteruses (I have had 2 previous children, if I had a problem like that before they would have found it then). I have also lost 2 lbs. 

Thinking that maybe I should change drs...

Siggy
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 7:58am

Yikes!  I can totally understand why you may be thinking of changing your doctor.  It would be so uncomfortable to have to deal with that through your entire pregnancy.  Is there another doctor in the same office you could see or will you have to go to an entirely different practice?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-16-2012 - 1:11am

after seeing the diabetic OB today she told me I could ask if my Dr could just refer me to her care entirely (as so many of her patients are moved at 36 weeks any way). I actually like the Diabeteic Ob she admits she doesn't know everything and she offered to let me punch her in the arm after talking me into actually taking a small dose of long lasting insulin (I didn't of course, but it was a nice thought). So, I'm going to see if it would be possible to just transfer all my care to one dr.

Siggy
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-17-2012 - 2:15pm

Oh that would be great and she sounds awesome. Hope they let change to her care.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 11:44pm

wow! that is scary. I don't blame you for wanting to switch dr's! sounds like you might have a better fit with your diabetic ob :-)

p.s. love your daughter's name! it is my dd's middle name :-)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 11:44pm

wow! that is scary. I don't blame you for wanting to switch dr's! sounds like you might have a better fit with your diabetic ob :-)

p.s. love your daughter's name! it is my dd's middle name :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 10:36am

I hope you are able to get referred to the new doc.  I can't imagine my doc having a hard time getting baby b's heartbeat.  My doctor never had a problem getting both babies' measurements and HBs.  Good luck with the Diabetes.  I hated taking insulin, but you do what you have to in order to have healthy babies!  

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3