First Ultrasound Appt

iVillage Member
First Ultrasound Appt
Sat, 11-03-2012 - 9:26pm

I had my first u/s appt on Thursday. We have a tentative due date of somewhere between June 15-18. According to my lmp I would have been 9w3days on Thursday, but I have really long cycles (like 40+) days. So LO was measureing around 7w3d, but we saw a really strong, fast heartbeat Smile I'm going back in 2 weeks for another dating u/s just to firm up a due date and make sure LO is growing on track. I'm kinda disappointed I'm not a little further along as morning sickness has set in with a vengance (this is earlier and worse than I had it with DD). I'm hoping that since it started earlier maybe it will end earlier (*hope*hope*)? Oh well, I'm excited to get to see the little one again!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 1:03am

Hang in there.  My ms started before I knew I was pregnant.  It has been 24/7 since but I do have days that I don't have it at all.  I had it really bad with DD but I actually wasn't able to keep much down for the first 16 weeks.  This round I just feel sick with a little getting sick.  The fatigue and the inability to concentrate is what's killing me with this one.

Congrats on a good 1st ultrasound!  KUP how the next appointment goes.

(P.S.  sorry if this posts multiple times... this website is wonky since they are making changes)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 2:02pm

With DD they kept changing the due date even though I had used a trigger shot and was being monitored by the RE so we knew when I ovulated. Nice strong heartbeat is great news. Hear you on the ms. Mine has been so bad that I had to get a prescription for Zofran. I am better for the most part. Still throw up some just not as bad as before. Hope it it's by 12 weeks like it did with DD. Hope yours gives you a break.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 7:16pm
Thanks ladies! I'm hanging in there. Hope you are too!