Is it normal?...

iVillage Member
Is it normal?...
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 1:37am

The Tuesday after I got a + hpt I saw my obg to confirm and he did a vaginal ultrasound.  He had me come back the following week and did another  vaginal ultrasound but couldn't see anything that way so we ended up with a pelvic ultrasound which showed a beating heart and an edd one day different than I suspected.  He had me follow up with a regular ultrasound with the hospital where I got to hear the heart beat and then I saw him again this last week where again I saw the heart beat.  He's having me come back in not this coming week but the following week. 

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never seen an OBG this often in the first trimester.  I know my first two were preterm and I now do not have a thyroid but those don't seem to be an issue with him.  My regular OBG has taken a Chief of Medicine positition at the local hospital and the one I have been seeing is his partner.... not sure if him not being familiar with me has anything to do with it or not... BUT has anyone else seen an OBG this much in the first trimester for a healthy pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 1:56pm

Well I've been to my RE once and gone another time for an ultrasound will go see him one more time before 2nd trimester. Thats my experience. Did they give you any reason for going in so often. Maybe just an overly cautious doctor. I would think if they were concerned about something they say so. I say enjoy getting to see your little bean so much.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 9:07pm
My pregnancy started out healthy BUT now I have blood pressure issues. So I have been going weekly since week 6!! Its crazy. I go again tomorrow. With my DD I went at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, and so on. And I only had one vaginal ultrasound and one regular.