OB check up today

iVillage Member
OB check up today
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 5:07pm

Hey All! So I had my OB check up today (I guess it was technically my 12 week check, but I'm 13.5 weeks. We don't do the NT testing so it was just a check up). I had my oh so fun "yearly exam" with pap smear (yuck) and got to hear button's heartbeat with the doppler. I was surprised the OB got it on the doppler, it being so early and me being heavy. I remember with dd they couldn't get it this early so the did a quick u/s to check on her. It took her a little while to find it, but it was definitely there! around 150 bpm :-) It was around 170 at our last u/s but I guess if fluctuates a lot right now. Even though I'm having to stick with the OB and not a midwife like I'd wanted, my OB is pretty great and actually listens to me and my concerns and is willing to work with me on having a natural birth as much as she can. I think it's going to be fine, especially if we can get a doula. Hope everyone else is doing well!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-09-2012 - 9:40pm
I'm glad that your OB is willing to work with you. A doula is a great idea. I have a friend in Michigan who is a doula and I know how much she loves her job and how she advocates for natural birth :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-09-2012 - 9:40pm

I'm glad that your OB is willing to work with you. A doula is a great idea. I have a friend in Michigan who is a doula and I know how much she loves her job and how she advocates for natural birth :) 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 8:31am

I'm glad that your OB checkup went well and that you feel comfortable with your doctor.  That's wonderful that she's willing to work with you on a natural birth!  

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3