Update

iVillage Member
Update
Fri, 01-18-2013 - 9:08pm

Hey all! A lot has happened since the last time I checked in. Well, really just one big thing, but it's caused a lot of changes. So, after I tried to switch to a midwife and was told they wouldn't take me bc I'm slightly too high risk for their practice, I was content continuing with my OB. I saw the OB for my next check up, all went well. A few days later, their office called to inform me that they don't participate with my new insurance (DH recently started a new job). Lovely. So, I had to find a new OB (which I never wanted to do, I really liked my OB but thought a midwife would be more in line with my birth plan). Luckily, the OB practice that the midwives I wanted to go to work out of was accepting new patients *and* accepted my new insurance. Yay! I was a little nervous because they have male OB's and I've only seen female OB's (silly, I know) but I had a check up with them at the beginning of the month and I really like it so far. Because they work daily in the same office as the midwives and are their "back up", they are very familiar with midwifery and accustom to natural birth. I think it's going to be a good fit and I get to deliver in the hospital that I would have with the midwives (so the staff there is also more familiar with natural birth) which I've heard really good things about (like it has awesome private birth suites). So, despite the fact that it was a frustrating and nerve wracking experiance, I think it has all worked out for the best. We have our anatomy scan scheduled for this Wednesday (Jan 29) and a gender reveal party on Feb 3 (which is when we will find out the gender too! we're having the u/s tech write it down and then I'm mailing it to a friend who is baking us cupcakes with pink or blue centers, fun!).

I know there aren't many of us on here (bummer), and I know at least one person has found out the gender (the twins- one boy and one maybe boy, lol) - but has anyone else found out or are you finding out soon? any team green members??

I hope you are all doing well!

iVillage Member
In reply to: stormilynn
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 8:10am

Hi there,

Thanks so much for sharing your update with us!  I'm sorry to hear about the stress with your doctor situation but it really does sound like everything worked out well.  How did your anatomy scan go yesterday?  I can't wait to hear all about your gender reveal party!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 11:19pm

the anatomy scan went well! BUT, the baby was being stubborn and turned over with its back to us half way through, so the tech couldn't see the sex! (grr!) That also meant that they only got 90% of the veiws they needed, so I go back tomorrow to try to get the rest (including the sex, hopefully!) If we can't see the sex tomorrow then we may be team green by default, lol (and our gender reveal party would just be... a party)!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 11:08pm
Hi, my name is Holly- due on June 22nd, just found out we are having another girl :) My husband wanted to wait to find out- as this is our last one, but I couldn't do it! We have a little boy who is 5 and a little girl who is 2, now that I know I made the big room into the "girls" room and my son gets his own room- that is a benefit of finding out the gender for me! Anyway we are super excited to be having another girl and finally updated my stuff on this board!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15bb05.aspx[/img][/url]