Baby Gear: New or Used?

iVillage Member
Baby Gear: New or Used?
Tue, 01-14-2014 - 7:25am

We get it. It’s really tempting to take your sister-in-law’s “practically new!” car seat or your neighbor’s “still fine!” crib. Everyone’s trying to spend less these days, especially if there’s a baby on the way. Reality check: some second-hand gear just isn’t worth the risk. The good news? Plenty of it is fine to snag gently used. We sorted out the options based on the latest Consumer Reports and US Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) research, and with help from Julie Vallese, the Managing Director of Public and Government Affairs for the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA).

Get it New or Used? Your Guide to Buying Baby Gear

http://www.ivillage.com/baby-gear-you-should-buy-used/6-a-549607

I really love this list!  Are you using any previously loved items for baby?  What used items are you comfortable using?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-15-2014 - 11:01am
I have a ton of stuff left from my previous babes, but I did/still do pick up things that are previously loved. LOL I'm big on getting baby and kid clothes second hand. They grow SO quickly and I just have a hard time spending tons of money on clothing.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-21-2014 - 10:09am
We are going to have to buy new. Clothing items may be an exception. But I plan on getting a new double stroller (probably a sit and stand) and new everything else as well. I hardly have any baby things anymore.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-10-2014 - 11:29pm

I will be a first time mom so we are going new on just about everything.  I do want the Bugaboo stroller so that will be a used purchase from Craig's list.