29w update (X-post on high risk/pg comp)

iVillage Member
29w update (X-post on high risk/pg comp)
Thu, 12-29-2011 - 10:59pm

I lost 0.4 lb during the past 2 weeks. Ugh. Not a large amount, but I am trying to gain so I am disappointed. The MFM did not say anything about it. Monkey's hb was in the 160s. My bp was good, 116/70. I asked the MFM his opinion on the pg support belt. He said it might or might not help and it wouldn't hurt. I've worn it for two days now and have not had any ligament pain. Yippee! I hope it stays like that. My next appointment is in two weeks and I won't have another u/s until week 35 (last one was at 20w).

I also had my first baby shower that day. DH was with me, helping to open gifts. We received a lot of nice things. Made me laugh how only two of the presents were from our registry. Just goes to show you that it is true what they say about people getting what they want instead. Oh, well.

Yesterday we toured the maternity ward at the hospital where I will deliver. It was nice to see it and learn more about what happens once you show up in labor. They told us to go to the ER instead of the floor directly. I would not have known that.

My goal for the weekend is to get bags packed. When did or will you do this?

BabyFruit Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

<a href="http://s774.p

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 7:48am

Glad things went well with your appointment, even with no weight gain.

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 9:22am

Glad you had a good apt Lydia. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain. Mine goes up and down constantly. I'll gain a pound one week, lose two the next. What kind of scale do they use at your dr? My office uses one of those where you balance the weights and they never wait long enough to see if it it's right, and it's usually not, so I go by my digital at home. I hope you got stuff you can use from your shower! People really do get what they want instead of what you need =P but at least you got some stuff!

Private message me if you'd like to join our TTCAM facebook group :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2011 - 11:49am

Wow, I think that would score some points if you came in with goodies for the medical staff. I am impressed that you are even thinking about doing that. I think at most that I might make some food and freeze it for when we come home, but I'm not even sure I'll get that far.

DH is remodeling the kitchen and right now the oven isn't even plugged in (it was 2 days ago). The refrigerator and kitchen table are in the nursery, which still needs carpet and some other small things. Thankfully, we planned on having the LO in our room for the first few months.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2011 - 11:59am

Yes, Nicolle, I think about that as well...changing my mind or that it won't really be done because of the 'last minute' items you can't pack until that moment, KWIM, and then I won't remember what is and isn't in it. I think though that I'll have a small bag for those last minute things and put a list of those items and put that in the bag.

Last night DH and I sorted through baby clothes. People have given us sizes all the way up to 24 months. I'm so glad we sorted because I forgot they were different sizes and realized we don't have a bunch in one size but a lot of clothes in different sizes. It's a good start so I am happy about that. LOL, we have 2 showers yet to go and clothes my SIL saved to pick up. We picked out a few cute things in the newborn-3 month range to put in Monkey's bag.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 11:55am
I'm not sure when to pack the hospital bag. I use the app on my cell phone called Baby Bump. It has a big community/forum and there's a March fb group with over 300 girls. So far, there's been several births already. I guess we could technically go at any time. I think for me, the most important thing to do is write down a list of what I want IN my bag. Last time, I had a scheduled induction, so I didn't need to fret. This time, I don't want to pack too far in advance, and I don't want to scramble at the last minute trying to remember things.
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)