35 or 36 weeks - polyhydramnios

iVillage Member
35 or 36 weeks - polyhydramnios
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 6:32pm

Had an OB appt Friday, and my growth scan showed too much amniotic fluid - polyhydramnios.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-06-2012 - 1:41pm
Just popping in from the April board to commiserate with you some. My last baby was a polyhydramnios baby too and I got all the same advice you have. I was a bit nervous those last few weeks, hoping to NOT have spontaneous rupture and have to worry about all the possible complications that could come from it. Fortunately, we made it safely to 39 weeks and we were induced. However, my guy was floating high, I wasn't dilated more than 1 and he never dropped down to put pressure on my cervix. I went in for a gel induction the night before and that put me in IMMEDIATE labor/contraction. They lasted 12 hours without any cervix change. I opted for an epidural and she had a heck of a time breaking my water a few hours later since the baby's head STILL wasn't coming down. Once she did, he did, but labor lasted 22 hours total and he had a very short cord so was born with low APGAR's and spent 3 days in the NICU - he was healthy, still is healthy and so strong and a crazy 15 month old!

I hope that your guy is low and stays low and that you don't have the fluid issues that I had. hopefully they'll induce you so that you don't have those worries about prolapse and things too. But only hafter you're over that cold!! Feel better soon.

Good luck!!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 8:01am

Hi dear...I feel for you with the cold...it just amplifies everything else makes you more tired and emotional and zaps what energy you have left!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 9:11am

I hope this is nothing serious and it works itself out. Keep us posted.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 7:56am

((Hugs))

I don't know much about polyhydramnios, but I do hope that your cold goes away soon and that everything looks great at your NST!

Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers