Disappointing first appointment

iVillage Member
Disappointing first appointment
Fri, 08-26-2011 - 5:30pm

So I had my first appt yesterday. Needless to say I wasn't too happy with it. The doctor was not informative at all. Didn't tell me anything about the practice, what to expect in the coming weeks, if I will only be seeing him or if I will be seeing other doctors as well. He was

baby development
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-26-2011 - 6:50pm

if there is more than one doc in the practice i'd def ask to see someone different next time! I'm guessing this is a different practice than you used for your pregnancies before? If you feel that uncomfortable after the next visit i'd consider finding a new pratcice even if it means a bit of a drive... i know for me personally i'd rather drive farther to have a doctor I love!

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-27-2011 - 8:10am

I felt the exact same way you did about my OB when i had DS (my first).

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-27-2011 - 10:31am
Id agree, find a doctor that you like. I personally moved a half an hour away from my home town when I got married and even though there is a hospital with potentially some great doctors here, I have stuck with my doctor, a half hour drive from us. She knows me, my body, my family, and I love her. It really does matter who you go to. I will end up switching doctors, but not until we are done having kids.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-06-2011 - 12:01pm

If you don't feel like you are getting the best care for you and your baby you should switch.