First Appointment and U/S tomorrow!!

iVillage Member
First Appointment and U/S tomorrow!!
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 1:48pm

I cant believe it! had my first appt today, blood drawn to check my progesterone levels.More than likely I'll be getting weekly shots to supplement my progesterone..woo...lol! On the positive side, I'm having an ultrasound done tomorrow. So nervous about it, but keep telling myself I'll only see a sac and maybe a fetal pole. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow...I'll be so happy to be out of the first trimester....I hate all this nervous energy!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 11:13pm

Glad things went well for your first app.-even

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 6:15pm
Thanks! U/S shows more like a 5 week u/s the tech said, which I was kinda thinking I O'd a week later than normal, my signs seem to say so! I have to go back next tuesday for another u/s to check for growth...I hate hearing those words, especially with a loss in my past, but trying to remain confident its more than likely a date problem. After all, Im not spotting, and it took a while to get that BFP!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-04-2011 - 7:21am
This was my experience too. My first u/s they only saw gestational sac and a yolk sac and even though I knew I was probably closer to 5 weeks than 6, I got upset anyway. Went back a week later and everything was fine, little embryo measuring 6 weeks 1 day and they saw a heartbeat! So don't worry too much. Just keep doing what you are doing and try to relax!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 11:59pm
You have no idea how calming that is!!!! I know my dates are prob off! I keep telling myself, Im not spotting, tests have got tons darker....IM PREGNANT...lol Breathe right?!! Thanks for the reassurance!