First ultrasound

iVillage Member
First ultrasound
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 10:45am

I had my first u/s yesterday and was relieved to see the heartbeat and only one heartbeat. According to the u/s, I'm not as far along as I thought. Apparently I'm only 6w2d. The technician said not to worry because I had irregular periods anyway, so I'm trying to worry about it.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 11:22am
Congrats, that is great news! How far along did you think you were? At my u/s on Mon, I thought I was like 6w 4 d but little bean was measuring more like 6w 1d. The tech and nurse assured me that the measurement was totally normal and nothing to worry about. If you have irregular periods and don't really know when you O'd, I would not worry in the least. I was temping and charting so I know that I O late... otherwise, based on my LMP alone, I would think that I was a week ahead of what I actually am. Anyway, seeing the heartbeat is great news!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 11:40am

Thanks for the reassuring words. I thought I was 7w4d, so it was quite a difference. The technician said everything looked normal and not to worry, I need to just listen!

You are right though, the heartbeat was very reassuring, so I'm focusing on that.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 11:09am
My first one they changed my due date back two full weeks from the original due date. She came halfway between the original date and their due date :) you never know.