First U/S @ 9w5d

iVillage Member
First U/S @ 9w5d
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:01pm

So I had my first "appointment" when I was 5w1d. I only met with the childbirth educator that asked a bunch of questions and gave us a timeline of what to expect next. They they scheduled my first u/s at 9w5d, which was exactly one month from that appointment. I am just curious if this is normal for the first ultrasound to be this "late". I know the first u/s is usually around 8wks, but they said due to vacations and scheduling issues that it would be later than normal. Just wondering if this is a good thing or bad thing.

I have a coworker that is due a day behind me and she had her first appt today and they did an u/s and she got to hear the hb today. I was so upset. I have to wait two more weeks to see my baby's hb!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 5:16am
consider yourself lucky! I will only get one u/s unless something happens that she wants to see the baby again! I have to wait until the doc appointment at 10 weeks to hear the hb. :(
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 6:30am

I wouldn't worry too much it's still within the 1st trimester

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 7:39am

It varies a lot from doctor to doctor. I actually had to ask my midwife for an ultrasound otherwise trey wouldn't have done one until 20 weeks! I think typically if you're going to get an ultrasound most doctors do them around 8 - 10 weeks when you come in for your first appointment. Good luck! I know how nerve wrecking the waiting can be!

Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
pregnancy
Photobucket
Photobucket
http://4catsandababy.com/

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 8:21am
My midwife doesn't schedule appointments until 10 weeks unless you have a specific need. They do one ultrasound around 16-20 weeks unless there is a problem. I'd love more footage of the bean, but I also don't like intervention, so there you go. I'm stuck. However, I love love love my midwife group and can't wait to call and see my midwife again.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 8:28pm
THANK YOU ALL!!
I don't know how routinely they will do an u/s, I know I won't have one every time, but I was just worried. In the first "appointment" they didn't even confirm my pg with a test until the END of the appt! I was a little upset with that, I really was a little worried with this practice and I just don't know what to expect.

Nonetheless I'm still very, very excited to see the little bean and hear the heartbeat in just 2 weeks!! WOO HOO!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-20-2011 - 7:44am

If they did bloodwork or ordered bloodwork to be done then they prob did an hcg level along with the othere stuff.

pregnancy due date