So excited! I get an early U/S!

iVillage Member
So excited! I get an early U/S!
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:55am

Yesterday's appointment was pretty good. I had the usual exam and she said that we could have an early u/s just to check dates so that is on Tuesday and it cant get here fast enough now!!! She didnt even try to hear on the doppler. Because my DS was huge at 9lb 5oz, she said she would induce no earlier than 39 weeks but would strip my membranes at 38 weeks and let mother nature help for a week before induction. Crazy to think about the delivery already!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 10:47am

Ooo thats exciting!! =) I always hate the waiting part too! I don't know if you remember, but Eirik was a big guy too (10lb 4oz) Here's hoping this baby is smaller!

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 2:44pm
Emma- I had forgotten that Eirik was such a big guy!! I know he was 2 weeks late. I also know you want a natural birth but will you try to have your midwife strip the membranes or anything so that nature knows what to do ON TIME? Giving birth vaginally to a huge kid sucked so hopefully things will work out better for you this time and you will go on time!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 10:29pm
My guy was 8#14oz. I had tearing and an epi cut. My friend in the room said she remembers hearing two snips, and the 2 weeks post partum were the most painful times of my life due to that region. Even then, I induced 5 days early. I want to talk to my doc about inducing much earlier but still full term this time around. I need to avoid that pain. It really took away from my mommy/baby experience so early on. Congrats on your great exam!
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 1:13am
Sounds a lot like what I had... Will was 9# 6oz and I didnt taer all the way back but right too, no cutting on Dr. part... Then sometime after I left the hospital, I ripped the back stich and that NEVER healed. At 8 weeks I went back and my doc called a friend sergen and he said that he would try to cotterise it first then do something more. So, that is what she did... Cotterised my A-hole!!! Talk about pain! After that, I finally healed that but it caused anial fissures... No fun what-so-ever. Luckly, I havnet had one since December. She just wont induce earlier than 39 weeks so good luck to you and talking your doctor into it!!! I bet your DS would have been the same size had you went on his DD!
Pregnancy%20ticker