Worst week of my life

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-21-2011
Worst week of my life
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:08am

I went for my first visit last Wednesday, 8/10. I was 7 weeks exactly. They couldn't find the baby on the ultrasound. This is my 3rd, so I know what an ultrasound SHOULD look like- all that was there was a big black hole. No baby, no bean, no heartbeat.

They did bloodwork on Wednesday, then again Friday (48 hrs). I had to wait til Monday for the results. That was a long weekend I spent mostly in bed. Then the dr. called with bad news. My numbers were increasing, but not enough, and there was a good chance I would miscarry. He said I could wait and let it happen naturally, or he could do a D&C.

I was devastated. We've been trying to get pg for almost a year. I choked and couldn't even talk to the dr. I called him back the next day to let him know I couldn't wait any longer, that I wanted to go ahead with the D&C on Friday (today).So he scheduled me for another ultrasound before they did the procedure.

My husband wanted to know why they had to to another U/S. What if they found a baby? I told him I wasn't even going to get my hopes up, that if a baby appeared, it would be a miracle, but I had already prepared myself for the worst.

They found the baby! With a heartbeat, clear as day! I texted my husband the pic, and told him he got his miracle. I was so shocked and stunned, I was numb the whole day. I couldn't even compose myself enough to ask the doc why my labs weren't right- he just told me that everything looked fine, but I was only 7 weeks, instead of 8 based on the baby's measurement.

Between the shock of getting pregnant after a YEAR of trying, thinking I would have a MC, and then seeing my miracle, I have never cried so much in my life as I have in the last 3 weeks.


iVillage Member
Registered: 05-24-2011
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:30am
WOW! What a dramatic and very happy ending! You poor thing, you must be a wreck after dealing with all of that. I'm so happy for you that everything is ok with the little bean!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-12-2009
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:48am
Wow that is amazing! Will you get a couple more u/s just to check on things until you are in the 2nd T? Congrats on the little miracle!
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-06-2008
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 10:46am

oh my gosh that is such an amazing story!! I am so glad that you got your miracle!! =)

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-17-2011
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 2:27pm
So exciting! That must have been a complete roller coaster.
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-22-2011
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 4:08pm

Wow. Your story brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe all that you had to go through. Sending you tons of positive thoughts that things will go smooth from now on.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-13-2008
Sat, 08-20-2011 - 11:05am
Yeah for miracles! Congratulations!
Uploaded with
Avatar for dani_d
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-03-1998
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 4:55pm

OMG!! Thank God they did one last ultrasound. I hope they will do a couple more ultrasounds just to make sure everything's progressing alright. You are in my prayers.

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-05-2010
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 10:27pm
Wow how horrifying. Thank God they did another U/S before the D&C. So happy to hear your lo is ok~
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-21-2011
Tue, 09-06-2011 - 10:56am

The last 2 weeks have been horrible. My BFF says that with all the drama so far, this one better be a girl!

I started to feel the constant nausea subsiding on a Wednesday (2 weeks ago), and went to work groggy, feeling like I had a booger in my eye. By lunch time, I couldn't see out of one eye. I went to the eye dr, and he told me I had pink eye! $165 for eye drops that are a class C drug, which means no studies have ever been done on a pregnant human. I had to choose either that or risk damaging my sight. No contacts for 10 days, which meant no sunglasses, and migranes.

Then by last Monday, I woke up with a flu. My son told me, why are you always sick Mommy? I haven't been out of bed for almost a month now, with everything that has happened.

Thankfully *knock on wood* the fog started to lift today. I still have a cough, but less nausea and I actually ate some yesterday, and was able to get to work today. I knew I was starting to feel like my old self when I had to reorganize the pantry yesterday- it was a disaster area, and making me crazy every time I saw it!

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-09-2009
Tue, 09-06-2011 - 11:30am

Wow you sure are having a rough go right now.