Annoying Pets?

iVillage Member
Annoying Pets?
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 7:56pm

My dog is driving me crazy!!!! She is attached to my hip ALL day long! (I work from home..)

babies
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 6:53am
My dog is always attached to my hip so I can't say that's unusual for him or that he does it bc I'm preggo, but I thin khe knows, little pugglet always re4sts his head on my bump, but our cat won't leave me be. For months she has been my shadow, and it's not like her to be like, that she's 12 and basically sleeps all the time, except now she sleeps on me, more specifically on my chest/on top of my bump or she gets right up in my face and just stares at me, i mean millimeters from my face. I try not to get annoyed, bc it is kinda sweet the way she curls up on top of the bump, but sometimes all i want is to watch TV or read a book and i can't bc she's right there. But i will say that she was like this with my other 2 pregnancies as well, so I did anticipate this with her. Funny part is that after DS was born she was kinda freaked out with the crying and she got so stressed out that she groomed herslef bald on her back. She had too bald stripes down her back by her tail. After a month she stopped and it grew back, poor girl. Also super cute, when i had sat on the sofa to nurse DS and DD, Oscar (the dog) stands guard for me, sits by me the entire time, it's cute. Good Luck with you doggie, try to forgive her (i know how annoying it can be) she just loves you, and sounds like she loves baby already.
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 8:07am

Yep my cats are driving me nuts! My one cat has always been super cuddly... but now even MOre so. I can't even sit down somewhere wtihout him being on my lap or my chest right in my face! My other cat who is never a super "cuddly" cat also wants to be around me all the time! Amusingly I don't remember my less cuddly cat being like this last time I was pregnant but hes always preferred females over males so maybe that means this one is a girl ;)

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 8:38am
My dog has always been needy but since being pregnant he is extra whiny and does follow me around a lot. He likes to sit beside me all the time and sometimes stares at me a little too much LOL I am just praying he adjusts well when the baby comes.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 4:51pm
We're meeting a potential dog this weekend. I don't know if he'll be so needy and realize what's going on, since he'd be coming in at the end of my pg. How have you/do you plan to introduce the baby to your pets?

Private message me if you'd like to join our TTCAM facebook group :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 6:27am

With DS we had everything set up about 6 weeks before my due date, then after he was born we sent a receiving blanket

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 10:23am

With DS, we brought a baby blanket home from the hospital first.. one that we had him swaddled in... DS had to stay in the hospital for a week, so DH and I came home before him (HARDEST THING TO DO EVER!)

babies
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 6:53pm
Thanks for the advice! I was definitely thinking introduce him to something with the baby smell on it before letting them meet. Yes Sonya hopefully you will be coming home at the same time as your LO =)

Private message me if you'd like to join our TTCAM facebook group :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 1:35pm

I think my black cat, who prefers my S.O. (all animals prefer him...), has started following me around this past week.