Trying for a specific gender?

iVillage Member
Trying for a specific gender?
Fri, 05-13-2011 - 8:19am

What gender are you hoping to conceive and why?

As you plan to conceive, are you using any methods to (hopefully) conceive a certain gender?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-10-2011 - 8:16am
I'd be happy with either! I have one boy now and I'd love for him to have a brother. However, I'd also love a little girl!
Hope, Mommy to Spencer Expecting Baby #2 09/17/12
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 8:31pm

Originally, I always wanted a girl. We're only having 2 kids, and we just had a boy. I would like to try for a girl, but part of me is super excited at the thought of giving Brycen a little brother/best friend. So, trying for a girl won't feel like a failure if it turns out to be boy!

Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 9:31am
I'd really like a girl this time around. The plan is that we are going to ttc a girl. I guess we'll focus on something like the Shettles method. I've known that to work for multiple people (my mommy included :). If this month turns out to be a BFP then the whole trying for a girl thing is out the window, because this month was sort of an oops.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 2:10pm
I already have a beautiful 4 yr old daughter, and we're now hoping that the newest addition to our family is a lovely baby boy. Of course I will still be delighted to give my princess a little sister, but I also want to experience raising a little man....and given how sick I've felt so much sooner this pregnancy, idk how many more times ill be able to do this again.
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 1:06pm
I will love our baby regardless of gender. We have 2 little boys now, and I'm thinking this LO is a boy as well.though it would be really fun to buy pink!!!
Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers