Vent!!!!

iVillage Member
Vent!!!!
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 2:27pm
Really I just need to get this out, I don't want to keep this all in given the season and the fact that there will be lots of time spent with family. My parents have moved out of the home thy have lived in for 33 yrs as a result of financial reasons. It is something that they have known about for nearly a year and it seemed as though my mom was prepared for it, bc she was excited about the rental they had found. Well tragedy struck the day they moved in when my moms dog got out and was hit by a car and died 2 hours after they got to their new home. It was terrible and my mom just cNt seem to move on, it happened almost a month ago, and while I don't expect her to not be sad sometimes about moving from our family home or about loosing her dog, she's seems to be refusing to move on. She talks to me about it all the time and each time she ends up screaming at me for trying to analyze her (I was a counselor/social worker b4 kids). I told her that I'm not analyzing her, and that from now on I'll just sit and listen. Well today she yelled at me for not saying anything during our phone conversation. She has never been a person to get over things easily if she gets over it at all, and I'm the opposite, deal with your feelings and thoughts and move on as best u can bc life does go on, I'm loosing patience with her bc it seems like she's not trying at all, and I can't say anything to her bc she accuses me of trying to counsel her, which is not the case at all. I just don't know what to do, and with Christmas around the corner I don't know what the "bleep" is gonna happen when we all get together. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
In reply to: tpav2004
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 7:38pm

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"is right! Moms are so tricky sometimes!!!

babies
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-21-2011 - 6:43am

Thanks, I'm praying all goes well.

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-21-2011 - 10:58am

I'm sorry!! it sounds like her dog dying was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak ... I really hope she can pull herself together for the holidays! This time of year is always so stressful with family...

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-21-2011 - 9:28pm
Oh, goodness...good luck! Sounds like moving stress, grief, and holiday stress all rolled up into one for her.