It's settled...

iVillage Member
It's settled...
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 6:18pm
DH and I have decided that for my next appointment I will go to the doctor and address this depression. I have been in a complete downward spiral and I can't even share the thoughts I have with you ladies because of the nature of them. These thoughts are a cause of concern for my health and the baby's. I don't want it controlling me for the rest of my pregnancy or my life. I thought things would get better, but they haven't. Now I'm just stuck between and rock and a hard place.

I hate medication...but if he gives me meds, I'll take them with a good heart.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 8:47pm

((Hugs)) Ashley, I am so sorry you are feeling depressed and not so great thoughts are in your head.. I think it is a good idea for you to talk to your doc about it and get meds if needed.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 8:59pm
Thank you Lesley for the support. I just feel nothing like myself, like I'm out of my element all the time. I Know my pregnancy has something to do with it, but I never would have thought my feelings or thoughts would get this bad. DH is scared to death I'm going to do something (which I'm not, I have yet to go off the deep end).

I'm going to try my best and just do the things that make me happy, even of that means removing myself from family and society in general. It's not worth it, I love them, but the baby is the most important thing right now. Pregnancy is not a promise of life, it is a test.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 11:21pm

I had a bad spell a few months after Tristan was born...having a premmie in winter was very hard I found...couldn't go outside, had to avoid crowds for his health, short days, lack of sleep, it was all very intense...you are probably feeling a complete different set of emotions with different circumstances as you are living during pregnancy and not after, just wanted to share a bit so you'd know you are clearly not alone....anyhoot...I didn't want to take medication either, was concerned because of bf and also the idea of dependency and impact on following pregnancies so I consulted several health professionals and did a variety of ''natural'' things...rest was important...but not too much, nothing good comes from an entire day of slouching around but a good night sleep is required, I made sure to get a good dose of sun light every day, excercised as much as I could or felt like every day, ate lots of colourful veggies and fruits, drank lots and lots of water/tea only read and watched happy, funny, uplifting stories, avoid the news for a while, laughed as often as possible, began regular yoga classes...and I made a point of surrounding myself with people that brought me comfort, joy and little stress and avoid the rest...and within a few weeks I noticed a change...and a few mths later I was back on track...I don't know what in this could be of help to you but I hope some of it is.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 11:46pm

Thank you! All advice helps, all neutralness is great! I have another month to visit my doctor, I know I should probably go ASAP about this, but like you, I want to try natural ways to reduce the amount of stress I deal with. I will try adjusting a few things, getting more sleep, and just doing things I enjoy. I also have the problem of putting everyone else ahead of myself, not once have I ever been selfish about how I felt or anything. I think that was one of my downfalls.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 2:33am
Ashley, I think you'll find that more woman than you know have faced what you are up against right now. I actually just blogged the other day about my post partum depression. I know that it was nothing compared some PPD but it still was something that I needed help with. I'm glad you are taking the steps to get back to being yourself. You deserve it, not only for you but for your LO too. You need to be you when the baby comes. Good luck and really, I don't think you will find judgement from any of us.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 6:49am
Oh Ashley, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Pregnancy and post partum is so hard. I watched my best Friend go through it after her second child and it was just terrible, but she was able to see a psychologist and her OB prescribed her meds for depression and anxiety(er docs collaborated with her care) and she was like her old self. I hope you are able to get the help you need, to get through this hard time. (((HUGS))) and P&PT your way.
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 10:01am

Good for you for talking to your doctor! its such a hard thing to talk about and talking about it now also means you'll be more aware and alert to look for post partum depression afterwards. My biggest regret last pregnancy is shoving off issues I had as "normal" when in hindsight they really weren't... i also suffered from PPD which I didn't fully accept until I was starting to "come out of it".

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 6:21pm

Good for you and DH on making that decision! Talking to your doctor is the right thing and can make you feel a little better just to talk about it. I totally agree with pp. ((HUGS)) and there probably are medications, if you need them, that are safe for pg and bfing. Thinking of you.

Photobucket

<a href="http://s774.p

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 6:29pm

I'm so sorry you're going through all this stuff right now. My 2 oldest

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-29-2011 - 9:41pm

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts. I slept in until 1 today, I took a walk today, even though it was cold as hades (hey, Saints won the superbowl last year, that's why it's so cold!!) and I just kind of sat around outside, just because it was so quiet and just really pretty. I was able to actually feel a bit happier, but you know, nothing permanent. Went shopping for DH's christmas present (with my $30 off coupon ;D heey oh!). I'm glad today was a big change. My dogs weren't even bad! Ashton has been helping me feel better, constantly moving to let me know that my stress hasn't affected him and that he's more than happy to knock me in the ribs when I'm feeling down. (abusive son?)

I trust my doctor to get me meds that are safe. He ordered me a prescription med in place of me taking Prilosec...not that one is more safe than the other, just because. Hey, can't complain if he wants me to get the better stuff. Pregnancy induced acid reflux + PUD = ick.

Thank you ladies so much. My biggest thing is suffering through it alone. I don't think DH can handle any more madness, poor thing is trying his best. Love you guys!

Pages