My mom just found out I'm pregnant!

iVillage Member
My mom just found out I'm pregnant!
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 2:37pm

I was waiting until I got confirmation from the doctor, but my supposed best friend blabbed her mouth because she is mad at me that I am pregnant, and she is going through a divorce. Needless to say, my mom threw the book at me. Mind you, I'm almost 32, and have 2 kids already, that I raise with my husband who I have been with for 10 years now. My mom told me she can't afford another grandkid, and that if I don't abort, she will have nothing to do with this child. This is the same thing she told me with my other two kids, who she spoils rotten now. I'm just over it all, I'm old enough to make my own decisions, and want to stand up to her for once in my life.

Pages

iVillage Member

Wow, I am so sorry you are going through this the whole way around.

align=center>

<

iVillage Member

Thank you! I needed to hear that. For the first time in 32 years, I yelled at my mom last night. I feel bad about it, but on the same hand, I feel somewhat motivated. I have come to terms that she will either accept it, or not, but it's her decision, just like having another child is mine!

iVillage Member

I'm so sorry for you.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sounds like you have the right frame of mind with it. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that though, I cant imagin anyone telling me that. On the friend though, unfortunitly, I suround myself with selfish people who would do that kind of stunt to me all the time.

I hope your movie night was fun, sounds like a great idea!!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member

I've been lurking here for a bit, but decided to come out of hiding when I saw your post!

How DARE your mother treat you like that! Grrrrrrrr!!! :smileymad:

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-20-2011 - 11:50pm
I dont understand ... you're married, in a loving marriage, and your Mom is telling you not to have a baby because she doesn't want to spend money on it?

I assume you're financially stable?

If so, Eff Her and move on. ;-)
- Luhverly Mom to DS5 Smom to DSD6 & DSD4 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
dani-d
I saw your history and it makes me want to cry. I pray that this LO will be a keeper. You are such a strong woman!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wow. Your mom. I just don't have anything nice to say right now about her. My mom always played favorites with my oldest daughter because she didn't want grandsons. So I can relate to an extent on the horrible mother part. I would tell her that she isn't the one raising your kids and it isn't her place to tell you how many kids you should or shouldn't have. It's never a perfect time to have a baby and you're never going to have all the money you need to have a baby (or grandchildren). If she sends any gifts and there aren't 3 there, I'd close the box right back up and return to sender.... I'm sorry you're going through this.

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member

Wow. I am sorry that she reacted that way. She should be ecstatic and feel blessed that you will be giving her another grandchild. I don't know how involved she is in your life at this point, but I don't know that I could handle the negativity from her. And your "friend" seems like an extremely selfish person. Did she expect that you would put your life on hold while she goes through her divorce?

iVillage Member

This sounds just like my mom.

Photobucket

Pages