My mom just found out I'm pregnant!

iVillage Member
My mom just found out I'm pregnant!
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 2:37pm

I was waiting until I got confirmation from the doctor, but my supposed best friend blabbed her mouth because she is mad at me that I am pregnant, and she is going through a divorce. Needless to say, my mom threw the book at me. Mind you, I'm almost 32, and have 2 kids already, that I raise with my husband who I have been with for 10 years now. My mom told me she can't afford another grandkid, and that if I don't abort, she will have nothing to do with this child. This is the same thing she told me with my other two kids, who she spoils rotten now. I'm just over it all, I'm old enough to make my own decisions, and want to stand up to her for once in my life.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wow! I would cut all ties, both with the "friend" & your mother. If she eventually wants to see your family, she will have to earn it. That's just my opinion.. That said, we haven't even told our families. If they react as negatively as I'm anticipating, we'll be cutting them out until something changes for the positive. ((hugs)) Hoping time mends all wounds.
Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages