Prayers for family members...

iVillage Member
Prayers for family members...
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 10:06pm

My BIL & SIL were just caught by my IL's doing heroin (again)... Though we've all known that they have never actually been sober, my IL's chose to believe that they were... They had them move in with them- bought them 2 cars, new clothes, gave them an allowance (BIL is 31), etc. The while situation is very sad & a lot more to it than meets the eye. I think that the premature birth of our neice (last week) sent them into a bender.. They lost their first child (also a little girl) due to SIL's continued drug use throughout the pregnancy. She was born premature, and addicted, and lost her life nearly 2 weeks after she was born. :-( SIL had emailed me saying she was feeling sad lately (since our niece was born), and that my IL's were pressuring her to have another baby (they thought it would bring them healing)... But I dont want to assume that's why they went overboard with the drugs... They've been using for years now. Sigh. Well, now they've been kicked out & all $ ties are cut off- so I'm hoping they don't start stealing from people again.. (Though copper was just magically stolen from BIL's work place.) They stole my wedding band 2 years ago & pawned it for drugs... DH wants me to keep all doors locked & a pistol near me at all times. I'm seriously terrified. Please send P&PT that they stay away from us, and that they get the help that they need.
Thank you.

Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 10:17pm

I may have to edit this tomorrow... I don't want to permanently air their business. But for tonight, I think it's necessary to ask for P&PT for my family members.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 11:51pm

What an awful situation to be dealing with...I send you positive thoughts, loads of courage and energy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 11:52pm

Your message appears in my post...how did that happen?

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 7:19am
Oh, I think I was trying so hard not to write names that I worded my post wrong- the niece that was born was to healthy parents! :) By saying "our" niece, I meant she is the niece of the sick couple & DH and myself. I think it hit home that this baby was born premature (much like their own daughter), but she lived... Where theirs did not. :(

I'm not sure why the post showed up? Did IV change the format again?

Regardless, thank you for the positive thoughts. :)

I just feel bad for my IL's... They never let this couple hit rock bottom- always rescue, enable, hide the drug use & excuse the bad behavior- then act like it's a huge detrimental shock when they are caught.

Sometimes I think family members of chronic addicts need more counseling than the addict-- my BIL/SIL have long made the choice for a life of drugs over health & happiness. They have no desire to change. It's sad. But my family is heart-broken and devastated over it... Where they need to move on and let go.
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 9:19am

I am so sorry you and your family are going through this.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 10:08am

It must be such an awkward situation for your IL...when it happens to someone else, you can rationalise: this is how the parents should act, stop enabling, cut off support, contact, whatever it takes to help the ''kids'' see the error and get help and if that doesn't work then the parents should cut contact themselves for their own sake...it's all well and good to understand the theory being it, thinking logically...but practically speaking...when it's your kids, your emotions, your hopes, when you see the hard work you've put in to raising them and how it turns out...my goodness it must be a nightmare beyond belief for them.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 11:17am

Lesley & Donna,

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 3:27am
Prayers will be to you and your family. Drug use is a hard thing to handle, esp in your own family. Your DH is right, keep yourself and your children safe! What state do you live in? Most states now have a Concel Carry Licence. I am one who will encourage ANY woman to get one to proteck yourself and your loved ones. Truly, look it up, it's no big deal to get it and then you can leagaly carry it with you wherever you go, permitted the buildings of course. Anyway, good luck and there really is no stopping someone who is high, they will go to all ends to get what they want.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 3:00pm

OMG!!! I'm so sorry your family is going through this right now. My 2 brothers have had their share of drug, alcohol issues....luckily I didn't have to be around it though.

I pray for peace of mind for your family and for them to get the help they so desperately need. {{{HUGS}}}

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
My Ovulation Chart

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-13-2011 - 1:22pm

P&PTs your way. ((HUGS))

Photobucket