Scared to announce our pregnancy

iVillage Member
Scared to announce our pregnancy
Wed, 09-14-2011 - 2:18pm
:-( I'm very nervous to announce our pregnancy.. We were planning on announcing it when we found out what we were having, now I'm kind of thinking that I want this baby's gender to be a surprise. Not sure when to announce though I do look pregnant if I wear regular clothes- I've been wearing a creative wardrobe around family. P&PT needed for when we do decide to announce. Our families were not over-joyed with our first 2, and I don't have a great feeling about their anticipated reactions. Maybe I should just try thinking positively? Thanks for letting me ramble.
Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-14-2011 - 3:50pm

Sorry you are feeling nervous about this.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-15-2011 - 8:44am
Hugs... It's stressful when family doesn't respond well. Could you tell them via a card or email and tell them that you are overjoyed and other reactions should be kept private. Namely, you don't want to hear it. This could cause more stress, but I think its something to consider.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-15-2011 - 10:15am

Thank you for both of your responses! And I'm sorry for your brother's inabiity to show his happiness for your 3rd, Citylife. I think most adult single men cannot imagine the life shift that comes with marriage and the addition of children. I'm glad that you have a select group of friends who are welcoming and supportive of your pregnancy! That's great! :-)

Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers