WTF!!!!

iVillage Member
WTF!!!!
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 10:24pm

Ok I have to vent because I am going to go insane.

iVillage Member
In reply to: hjbmae6
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 10:29pm
His sister just called me to let me know that she can stay with the kids when I do go into labour. I said I am due in 6 weeks and she said yeah but my husband thinks he will stay at his moms home where he can rest instead because he will still be in pain. So now I have to go through labour alone. How great. I swear i am going to cry. Why can they not get it that it is wrong.
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 3:02pm
Wow, I'm sorry you have to deal with this, esp. alone! Do you have any family around you? If it makes you feel any better, I think your totally on the right idea of how wrong it is. If DH missed a birth of his child, he either better be deployed (and he's not in the millitary but that would be a good reason) or dead! I really hope that he grows up and gets help before the baby comes! Is there a treatment center around that he could go to until right before the baby is born?
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 9:14pm
I dont know what is going on. He has not even called me or the kids at all. I think i am going to have it out with his family once and for all. I have to fight for my kids sake. I dont care if he has to in a wheel chair he needs to be there. His family does not understand how wrong it is to stay with ypur mom instead of your wife and kids. Especially right now.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 9:39am

Major ((Hugs)). Addiction is a very selfish disease...

Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:24pm

First, I am so sorry that you are going through this.

I agree that you need to be having this conversion with your husband and not his family.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:55pm
I agree with Brooke that you need to get someone to watch your kids and have this conversation with him not his family. If they try to talk to you, I'd remind them that you married him and you will talk to him about what is best for your family. Stop and Repeat as many times as is necessary. I'm so sorry.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 12:12am
I'm sorry you're in this situation. I would be done too. I know it's easier said than done, but it sounds like you and the kids are not a priority. Just as a mom, you are setting an example to your kids that his behavior is excusable as a husband. In this case, you wouldn't really be leaving him as it sounds like he already mentally and physically checked out on you. Ugh, prayers to you.
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)