Anyone else have Hip Pain while Sleeping?

iVillage Member
Anyone else have Hip Pain while Sleeping?
Thu, 09-29-2011 - 8:21am

Ever since I found out I am pregnant I have been training myself not to sleep on my back.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-29-2011 - 8:44am
Yep, I'm a tummy sleeper and so once that is no longer able to happen, my hips hurt. It wasnt quite as early as you but.... I'm going to try to talk DH into a memory foam matress pad as a gift to eachother for Christmas... Lets hope he goes with it!!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 12:39pm

Is your mattress kinda soft? I have one of those Select Comfort beds, but I think mine loses air sometimes so I have to pump it up more. A firmer matress seems to help.

I know...there are some parts of pg that are just not so fun.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 3:54pm

I have problems iwth this too... its hard because like you it started early!! I recently got one of those pregnancy pillows which has helped somewhat.

I find osmetimes what helps is to sort of sleep on my back... i'll get a pillow wedged under me so i'm not flat on my back, i'm sort of propped up and laying on my side a bit! sometimes its more comfortable and since you're not flat on your back its okay!

Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
pregnancy
Photobucket
Photobucket
http://4catsandababy.com/

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 7:34am

I am a side sleeper, but while pregnant I have a numbess that extends from my right outer hip to my knee, its only on the outside of my leg.

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 1:06pm

Thanks ladies.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 8:44pm
Absolutely! I am a tummy sleeper, so I have been propping myself on a pillow so I'm not all the way on my tummy. I can't ever sleep on my back, I have a little sleep apnea. Other than that I sleep on my side but for the last week it just ends up hurting. I even woke up Monday morning with my back all out of whack (sacro-iliac pain?), so much so that by the time I got home from work that night I couldn't move and had to call out the next day. *sigh*. This is also a problem I didn't have with my first baby. One of many.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 1:14pm

That doesn't sound nice.