Anyone else loosing hair??

iVillage Member
Anyone else loosing hair??
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 7:52am

So after having DS i hit the 6 month post partum point where my hair was coming out like crazy... but it grew back. When i was pregnant last time I remember that my hair hardly ever fell out. Well the past week i've really noticed i'm shedding like crazy!! when i shower in the morning a ton comes out and I am actually starting to notice just how thin my hair is getting! I'm def going to be bringing this up with my midwife next time, but does anyone else have this? I'm concerned because everything i've read said you're not supposed to loose hair while pregnant!

Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
pregnancy
Photobucket
Photobucket
http://4catsandababy.com/

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 8:48am

The first couple of months I thought I was loosing more hair than normal and was paranoid,

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 10:59am

This has not happened to me personally (though I have lost quite a bit of hair post partum), but I do recall my French teacher in middle school saying she had lost so much hair that she thought she was balding (while PG with her DD).

From what I've heard, there are no real "normals" in pregnancy.

Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2011 - 12:22pm

Oh yeah...since the beginning of this pg I've been losing it like crazy. I'm convinced I'll be bald by the end. ;)

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 2:24pm

I've noticed that I am losing a lot of hair too. I have long hair and lots of it but it is scary. I also though that you are not supposed to loose hair while pregnant but like a pp said every pregnancy is different and maybe we are the oddballs this time around.

- Leila

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:59pm
So far so good with this pregnancy but with my DD I lost hair like crazy!! My doctor had never heard of it. It didnt start until later in my pregnancy and didnt stop til long after her birth! I have been so worried its gonna start anytime now...sure hoping not!! In fact my hair is permanently thinner then it was before I ever had a child :( DD is 8 btw...
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 11:31am
I would, of course, mention it to your midwife or ob, but I had a beautician tell me that people go through natural shedding cycles in spring and fall. It could just be a fall shedding cycle. Her whole description reminded me way to much of my dog, but apparently some are more dramatic than others.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 2:59pm

I'm losing hair so much these days, I'm considering wearing a hair net while baking!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers