Can't bend without pain!!!

iVillage Member
Can't bend without pain!!!
Tue, 10-11-2011 - 2:12pm
It's so weird. Usually I sit with my legs tucked close to me, but that is starting to hurt. It's also like that when I bend over to pick something up or to put on my socks and shoes (which I'm sure DH will have to help me do now). I bow have to lay straight or suffer the discomfort. I also can't use my core strength to do anything, even if it's not a strain (like trying to put the footrest of my chair down)

I will bring this up to my doctor of course, but I wonder if I should continue to worry or is this my baby tellibg me 'stop being independent and have dad do those things.' I just want to know if this pain is something everyone experiences or is it a red flag. It's not severe, just annoying.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-11-2011 - 4:32pm

Just my guess but I would say it is part RIL and part getting used to having a bump.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 8:17am

Hi...I thinks it's because you are fit and now stretching...at 18.3 weeks, baby is starting to take up considerable room and your body needs time to figure out how to adjust...or rather, you need time to adjust to your changing body!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 8:27am
I know how you feel about being independent and wanting to do thing on your own! After having my DS it took all I had to take my MIL's help in cleaning the kitchen... Just take the help you can get and take it easy. Maybe some morning streaching will help a little throughout the day...
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-13-2011 - 1:03pm

Thanks for the responses, made me feel a bit better! I also feel better, still trying to get use to having this belly in the way and not being able to do certain thing. It's so funny to see me at work. Anything that has to be picked up, I'm crawling on the floor, like the little squares the pre-k students stand on lol. The parents that know I'm pregnant find it amusing, as do I.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-13-2011 - 6:32pm

Sounds a lot like RLP. I've been getting it too and at 17 weeks, am already finding it hard to bend over and such, cause I feel like my belly's already in the way. Boy....we're gonna be in trouble in a few months! ;)

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
My Ovulation Chart

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket