getting worried- blood clot in uterus

iVillage Member
getting worried- blood clot in uterus
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 9:55am

At my u/s and first dr. app. I was told that I have a blood clot in my uterus but it wasn't anything to worry about. My dr. told me that I may have bleeding from the clot and if I did try not to worry and call to make an app. to come get everything checked out. Well of course at the time that seemed fine but now that I am having some bleeding(mostly brown no red yet) I am finding it hard to keep calm and wait out till I can go in and see the dr again.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 4:46pm

When I was 6 weeks pg with my 4th child, I had the same thing happen to me, only I woke up one morning to blood pouring outta me! Sooooooo scary, to say the least. But she was fine and I too, had a subchorionic hematoma. My OB at the time put me on progesterone as a precaution, but I don't know if that's normal protocol. Anyway, after 12-14 weeks, everything had resolved and she was born healthy as can be. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If anything, it'll probably mean you'll get more frequent ultrasounds to make sure it's dissolving. A nice little bonus. ;)

Hang in there.