Headaches

iVillage Member
Headaches
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 10:37am

As soon as I made it to twelve weeks I started feeling great.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jessirynn
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 11:18am
I had a headache that went on for 24 hours and I thought that was bad! I asked my doc about it and he said the second I feel a headache coming on I should not hesitate to take tylenol. He assured that it is perfectly safe. He also said that he didn't want the headaches to develop into a pattern, which I didn't fully understand - I just latched on to the "take the tylenol" part. I also put an ice pack on my forehead and temples and I think that helped too. Sometimes I get headaches in the afternoon and I have found that sometimes a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of coffee will do the trick. Defenitely call your mw, a 4 day headache is way too miserable to tolerate!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 12:09pm

I had a point where I had a headache for a couple of days,

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 1:07pm
I'd call but you can take tylenol and you may want to try some caffeine. I've had a viral bug that's going around that was paired with a wicked headache. Nothing made it better but rest and a little caffeinated tea.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 3:50pm

Hi...headaches really can be a pain...I find I get some when I'm a little dehydrated so as soon as I feel one start I drink a bottle or two of water and that usually helps if an hour or two later it's still there I head for the tylenol too!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 4:32pm

It's always a good idea to call your doctor/mw if you're having headaches for a prolonged period, especially if they're severe. But migraines can also be very common during pg too. I've had headaches off and on that are in my eyes and temples. Ibuprofen was always my "drug of choice", but since I can't really take that, I'm stuck with Tylenol. Better than nothing I guess....sorta.

I hope you feel better soon, hun.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 4:41pm
My headaches last time were always in the evening. My doc said if there's a pattern, it's usually food related. I wasn't snacking between lunch and dinner, and the baby was stealing all my glucose causing a migraine. If I got random headaches, I would take a tylenol.
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)