Insomnia....

iVillage Member
Insomnia....
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 2:19pm

Ughhhhh....there are some days where I have no problem falling asleep,

iVillage Member
In reply to: dani_d
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 2:40pm

Same, I can not sleep throughout the night. I'm always waking up and having to pee, or cool off (my room gets really hot for some reason), or I get smacked in the face by a paw because my german shepherd thinks she's the size of a teacup puppy and thinks she can just scoot inbetween DH and I lol (love my snuggle bug though!)

I do find where I enjoy sitting in my empty nursery though. Sometimes I'll wake up and just sit in there until the sun comes up, so I guess my body knows what's going to be going on in a few months.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 3:18pm

yep! for me its been usually around 2am... if i wake up around then its just horrible trying to get back to sleep. Also recently i've been really restless from about 4am onwards... i find myself rolling over, looking at the clock thinking its later, and then just sort of zoning in and out until the alarm goes off. I forgot how annoying the pregnancy insomnia was!

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 4:07pm
Don't want to Jinx myself but I sleep just fine other than the pee breaks but that is nothing new for me.

Some nights I pass out and don't hear the dog running a marathon in his sleep which is pretty funny to watch/listen to. I have never seen a dog dream so much! Almost every night he goes for a run in his dreams and barks, growls and howls..

Lesley
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 6:39pm
I'm having trouble sleeping too, mostly bc of really nasty carpal tunnel, at least 3 or 4 times a night i'm up bc my hand are on fire, and there is usually at least one night a week that i just give up and don't bother trying to get back to sleep, thankfully I'm only up for about an hour and then pass out on the sofa. As soon as baby is born, i will be getting ortho in to my hospital room to get some well deserved cortisone shots, ahhhhhhh.
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-15-2011 - 8:57am
Have you tried Chiro? I know they can help a little..
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-15-2011 - 2:24pm

I'm exactly the same way... I fall asleep just fine, but if I happen to wake up overnight, which usually I do, I cannot get back to sleep. If I'm only up an hour in the middle of the night, I feel like it was a good night's sleep...lol...

babies
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-15-2011 - 4:15pm

Same here. I'm usually up by 6:45 to get my son to school and go to work. Now I'm waking up almost every day between 4-5am, and can't go back to sleep. So I just lay in bed and rest until the alarm goes off, otherwise I drag all day long.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 6:54am
I'm going to try a massage therapist, and maybe acupuncture. It always flares during pregnancy, it was way worse with DD's. I did a combo of PT and massage then and it was much better, so I'm hopeful it will work this time too. But nursing with Carpal tunnel really is the pits so I'm def getting the cortisone after delivery, and it usually lasts a long time so it should get me through the 1st year and weaning and then i can start to take my usual supplements after baby is done bfing.
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-21-2011 - 6:08pm
We both wake up because my son is having some sleep issues atm. Aside from him, my hips crack when I try to rollover, and I'm also getting the random night sweats. I hate having a painful body but don't expect quality sleep for another 10 years.
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)