Is it normal to feel protective?

iVillage Member
Is it normal to feel protective?
Sat, 09-10-2011 - 1:24pm
Maybe my mother mammal instincts are kicking in, but I feel like a dog trying to protect my 'possessions'.

First, I absolutely HATE when other women around my husband, even if we're all friends. I feel like I need to stand between them and guard my husband from this other attractive egg incubator. I'm not mean to them, I just feel like I can't trust these other women, even if I know them. (For the record, parents of his students do flirt and ask him out on dates, divorced or not, so I do have a little bit of reason for not trusting some of them them.)

Also, BELLY RUBS! I don't mind my close family and close friends touching me, but when other people try to touch me in any way, I feel like turning into a monster. I feel like they're going to hurt me and my baby somehow. It's very weird.

Has anyone else had hormones that make them become a different person? Is it something that comes with the pregnancy package or am I going mad?
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 11:31am

Ugh you don't have to be pregnant to be infuriated when another woman flirts and asks out your husband!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 12:59pm

Doesn't sound weird to me at all being possive about stuff like that!!

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 2:34pm
Lol it's not just flirting, but just normal talking. I'm like RAWR COUGAR WANNABES!

I have a little pooch, like now you can tell something is going on. The minute they hear that I'm pregnant they're like OMG BELLY RUBS!! Drives me crazy! I just do my best to avoid them.

I'm normally one of the sweetest people ever, I don't like gossip, I don't like fighting, but ladies, I feel like I should go into MMA after this just so I can let my rage out. It'd be nice to legally beat someone up right now lol

Crazy homones! Maybe I should mark my territory :P
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 2:37pm
As for the belly rubs, its just my sisters who do that and who cares... one sister has done it twice now with this pregnancy. Just makes me laugh, a little unconfortable but funny.

As for the possessiveness.. totally. I get more possesive over hisf riends though. They like to hog him and they are single batchers. I have to remind them quite often that DH is married with a child and he needs to be home. Sorry. you can come over if you want but DH needs to be with his family. Pisses me off. HA
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 12:59pm

You're not going mad!

I think it's COMPLETELY NORMAL to feel protective, no matter how early!

I hope people stay away from your DH, and your belly... If not for your sake, maybe for theirs! ;-)

Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers