lortab/hydrocodone during first trimester?

iVillage Member
lortab/hydrocodone during first trimester?
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 10:22am
I've googled this so many times and have gotten such different info I'm not sure which is correct. I'm concerned because I took some for pain before I knew I was pregnant (at two different times) and the most recent info I found on it is that it is a category C but there qre cases where it has caused congenital heart defects when taken in first trimester! I will ask my OB but I won't get in to see him for another two weeks :( Does anyone have any personal experience with this? Trying to ease my mind.....
Saundra- on her cell phone Tenative EDD 3/15/11
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 8:09am

Hopefully this will give ou some reasassurance... 2 weeks before i found out i was pregnant I went under general anethesia and had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed! needless to say the next 2 weeks I was taking lots of vicodin and ibuproffen for pain management. In fact the night before I got my BFP I had taken a vicodin! It was only the day i bought the tests i thought i may be pregnant and freaked out over the use of the drugs. So far things have been fine with me and from what i've read you should be okay that early because the placenta hasn't formed yet. I'm sure everything will be okay!

Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
pregnancy
Photobucket
Photobucket
http://4catsandababy.com/

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 8:59am
Thank you for your response!! I really appreciate it, sometimes it's easy to fixate on something and it will drive you crazy ... me right now! :/
Saundra- on her cell phone Tenative EDD 3/15/11
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-20-2011 - 10:32pm
I have endometriosis and have a month to every other month type prescription from my OBGYN for pain management during two weeks of my cycle. Before finding out I was pregnant with my daughter I had had an especially bad month & had take it quite often. During the pregnancy I also had a large cyst and intense pain from endo scars stretching as baby grew. My doctor told me it was safe to keep taking it. My daughter is extremely healthy, no birth defects or side effects. The doctor has also allowed me to keep taking it this pregnancy for the same scar pain. Regular tylenol is not enough for this kind of yuck lol. I don't take it often but am relieved I have the option when it's bad.
Photobucket