Lower back pain/spasms?

iVillage Member
Lower back pain/spasms?
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 12:41pm

Anyone else????

I have been getting pretty severe lower back cramps/ spasms. One lasted 20 minutes yesterday, and it was just awful. Like the kind of back cramping you get days before AF (but when it spasms it's worse)...

I'm wondering if I'm just doing too much (picking up heavy toddlers, trying to control our out of control dogs, too many chores, etc), or if it's just progesterone loosening my back up, or if this is a sign of MC.

Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 3:44pm
I know how you feel about the nervousness! I'm not sure about the lower back pain. I think I have read that it is a symptom but I'm not sure. If it continues, I would definitely call your doc. The spasming part sounds a bit worrisome.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-26-2011 - 12:51am
Congrats on your BFP! That is a symptom that I have always had. They have gone away now but they are a lot like my back labor with DS only way less intense. At 6 weeks 5 days they are pretty well gone now. I HTH!

It of course would be good to lay off the real intense work just to make sure. If you feel like you are going over board then slow down.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 11:43am
I had back pain ( and neck pain ) that I haven't had in years, 2 weeks before I got the BFP. I didn't have that with my 1st one 8 years ago. I think everything is still OK - I just started getting some nausea and sore bbs - I didn't have that last time either. I do heavy lifting at my job and never had this back pain!

~ Lori
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 4:01pm

I am having horrible lower back pains.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-30-2011 - 11:41pm

I have been experiencing the same lower back pains for the past few days. I have never had this pain before in the first trimester with any of my pregnancies. I just had a m/c last fall and did not have this pain with it. I have been reading up about it and it sounds like it may be PGP (Pelvic Girdle Pain). Earlier I was doing some yardwork and came inside and to lay down but when I did the pain in the my lower became unbearable. I took a warm shower and it seemed to subside. But then when I got up from sitting I had so much pain from walking. It isn't a constant pain but it's certainly a pain and is rather uncomfortable. I am going to try a heat pad tonight to help.

Karen