Progesterone supplements?

iVillage Member
Progesterone supplements?
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 12:55pm

Yesterday I found out I have a low progesterone count (I'm at 11.1 and the doctor wants me at 20).

Uploaded with
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 1:30pm
How far along are you? I have been on progesterone supplements since 2 days after I got my bfp. It was funny timing because I had just been to see my ob/gyn the week before I got my bfp for a pap and showed him my charts... he agreed with me that my short luteal phase could signal a progesterone problem that could cause a chemical or a m/c. So as soon as I got my bfp he brought me in for a beta and my progesterone was at 14, which was better than I thought it would be, but he put me on the progesterone just in case and I've been taking it ever since. I can't say that I noticed an increase in my symptoms after I started taking it (it was still so early in the pg - I was only like 4 weeks at that point). I can say that ever since I hit the 6 week mark, I have been experiencing the same symptoms as you with horrible nausea to boot. Before 6 weeks, the only symptoms I noticed were sore bbs, increased appetite and thirst, and a bit more tired than usual. It could be that your symptoms have just coincided with an overall surge in your pg hormones, and not totally caused by the progesterone.

Are your supplements suppositories or pills? I am on the suppositories... the leaking is driving me crazy. A few times the leaking has overwhelmed my panty liner and left wet marks on my shorts or skirts. That's not embarassing at all!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 11:48pm

Oh yeah...gotta love the suppository...or not.

Uploaded with
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-06-2011 - 5:17pm

I started spotting friday, so the dr. told me to take the pills 2x's a day.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-06-2011 - 11:12pm
Well, it's always good to know I'm not the only one! I did have slight spotting today so I called in to the Patient Advisory line. The on-call doctor said to take it easy and the doctor may want to do an U/S this week. I hope she does...I really want to see a little beating heart to settle my nerves!
Uploaded with
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 4:55pm
Leap Day edd lurker ;)

I was on Progesterone for my #3 baby and not with #1, #2 & current #4. My symptoms were definitely MUCH worse with #3. I have pretty awful ms period but with the progesterone I threw up 3-5 times a day. I didn't need it this time & I still feel awful but can manage to not actually throw up most of the time.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 11:56pm
I'm really sorry to hear about the awful M/S...I hope that goes away in the next few weeks for you! That is one thing I haven't had much trouble with (and didn't the first time around either). It's everything else that feels so much worse...too tired (I took a 4 hour nap this afternoon), too hot (I was lucky I didn't float away in my sweat at the fair this morning), too moody (I blamed DH for something that was clearly my fault)...I'm looking forward to being me again someday...

Good luck on your Lead Day baby!
Uploaded with