Readers beware! (serious hoo-haa talk)!!

iVillage Member
Readers beware! (serious hoo-haa talk)!!
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 12:18am
Alright, as I'm gearing up for my next appointment (a week from now) I'm gathering all my recent problems and this one I share in the hopes that someone has been there done that and could have an idea of what it is or how I can keep myself comfortable in the meantime.

Since Tuesday, I've been having this stinging on my labia, it hurts to sit, it hurts to wipe after I use the bathroom. It doesn't really itch and doesn't burn to pee or anything and with no odor. I also have not DTD recently. It could be because I sat down for 4 hours straight in jeans, it could have been the brand of pads I had as a backup that day, no idea.

While I wait to get checked up on, Does anyone have any ideas how I can possibly make it feel a little bit better for me? Would feminine wipes help any? I'm seriously about to get a squirt bottle for when I use the bathroom.

I hope its something simple and not a cause for serious concern, like its going to fall off or something.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 8:14am
I have had a similar pain myself, but i always chalked it up to a random nerve getting pinched or firing incorrectly. I have never had any problems from it, and it rarely lasts longer than a day or so for me. I will say that a friend of mine had developed a varicos vein in her groin during her 1st pregnancy and it caused her some hoo-haa pain, but i know from my varicos vein on my leg, that it feels more like a bruise/tenderness. I wouldn't use a feminine wipe, but i do know that they recommend witch hazel pads to wipe with after a vaginal delivery, so i suppose you could use those (i think they help with the inflammation, i never had to use mine so i don't really know). Hope your hoo-haa feels better!
pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 8:33pm

Hi...I wouldn't use any products either as you could worsen the issue or create a new one with a bad reaction...I had a similar situation during Oli's pg and a squirt bottle honest to goodness did help...as did cold compresses - a wet hand towel with a few ice cubes in it worked wonders!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 9:30am

Since you can't find any externa reason its probably a pressure issue... i would bringi t up at your next appointment. I have a friend who had a similar issue and she ended up having to purchase a special support belt to wear and it helped relieve the pressure and the pain! I remember she said it kind of looked like weird underwear! Your doctor may be able to recommend something like that =)

Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
pregnancy
Photobucket
Photobucket
http://4catsandababy.com/

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 11:30am
Thanks for the responses. My mom talked to my doc when she went to work and he pretty much said to try the cold compresses until he sees me. He doesn't feel it's something urgent, but of course he'll check it out anyways.

I notice it gets worse when I wear jeans. Maybe its too thick and restricting or something. No jeans for me I guess!