Think I'm having a change of heart

iVillage Member
Think I'm having a change of heart
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 4:28am

Most of you already know I've had 2 c sections.

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 2:48pm
Im from the april board...but will have my third c end of march.
I could have written your post. I feel the same way about a third c. I hate the recovery. I feel like crud for two months. I want another vaginal delivery spool bad. I dreamed last night I did. And u was so happy.
My first c was emergency. Second baby had no fluid and was not emergency but had to get her out that day.
Now im up for my third and don't want it.
I feel your anguish. Thank you for your post.
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 2:49pm
Sorry about typos.
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 7:02pm

I'm sorry you are going through this, but I wanted to say i am really glad you are going and getting a second opinon! A lot of VBAC rules have to do with hospital policies, even though like you said ACOG is for them! I have heard stories of women driving hours to have a VBAC because no hospital near them would allow it, even though they had a successful VBAC before! Its very easy to get sucked into a midwife because they are more relaxed and should be more open to natural options. Unforunatly I sort of had a similar thing happen to me with DS and only afterwards when I told people my story of having a c-section I heard tons and tons of negative comments about the midwives I had used! I was shocked as I had done research online and only come across great reviews!

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-20-2011 - 8:54pm
I get the feeling that my MW woud like to do them but bc of the hospital policy they don't, unless you've delivered vaginally before. But it's just a feeling, i can't speak for them. I e-mailed ICAN of southeastern PA to get a recommendation for a doc. I think I will be going to the BIG hospital in Philly to deliver, they have the resources id like to have available if needed, and they talk about ACOG's new guidelines on their website. It's not that far from where we are, probably about the same ditance as i travel already, it's just the traffic that can cause a serious time delay. I'm hopeful, but I'm not making any plans until i have the consult. Thanks for the support.
pregnancy due date