For those of you feeling the baby move....

iVillage Member
For those of you feeling the baby move....
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 1:43pm

I was starting to freak out a little last night and this morning cause I couldn't feel my LO move...not even a little poke. I woke up this morning and was almost afraid to get out my doppler, for fear I wouldn't hear her HB. :smileysurprised: But

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 5:57pm

Lucky you for the doppler! It has been the same here, I did feel it again last night but before then, it had been about a week and it was kinda freaking me out. I just cant wait until I feel the little peanut every day, every hour!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 7:20am

I'm having the same thing over here, some days i feel it some days i don't.

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 4:30pm

Oh I know I'll be feeling her strongly in no time. ;) Even today I don't know if I've felt her. Felt it a couple times yesterday though. My OB says I have a posterior placenta, so I'll be feeling kicks and rolls and punches really well soon.

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
My Ovulation Chart

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 7:48am

Yep! It freaks me out every time. For example the other morning i swear it was doing summersaults in there... i felt movement like crazy! then the next day i hardly felt anything, just a little jab at night. Sometimes I really wish I had ordered a dopplar... i was supposed to have a midwife appointment today but it got cancled so i have to wait till later this week. I know its normal to feel sporatic movement liket his, but still, nerve wrecking!

Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
pregnancy
Photobucket
Photobucket
http://4catsandababy.com/

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-11-2011 - 1:33pm
I keep reminding myself that the baby can roll over and I'll not be able to feel her again. Then I get a little poke and remember that before I know it, she'll make her presence known.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 8:28am

I have felt him a little here and there, yesterday at the u/s he was moving all over and I didn't feel a thing, he was doing flips waving his hands around and grabbing his legs so I guess he is just to small to feel all the time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 11:00am
(((hugs)))

What a scary place to be!! And I'm so glad you were able to use the Doppler!!

I couldn't feel baby girl move for 2 days, and just when I was about to break down and cry.. I felt her kick from the outside!

Not quite a Doppler, but a sigh of relief just the same.

I have read that it is completely normal for sporadic movement at this gestational point- sometimes we mistake baby for gas, or stress about it to the point we can't feel them!

So glad you were relieved by hearing her heart beat!! :-D

Health & Happiness,

Brooke
Health & Happiness! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-13-2011 - 10:48pm
Yep - I used the doppler the other day, and all was well. I still haven't felt movement though. I feel fine, so I'm sure it's just a weird stage.
Message me privately if you'd like to join our March FB Group. :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 9:44pm
I am in the same boat. 18 weeks pregnant and worried about movement all the time. My first child was stillborn and I knew because he stopped moving. Could I ask any recommendations for where to get a doppler? I am debating getting one, but don't know where to start.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 11:51pm

First of all I wanna say how very sorry I am about your sweet baby being stillborn. I just can't imagine. {{{HUGS}}}

Secondly, movements at this age can be very sporatic. Luckily, I'm starting to feel her everyday now, but sometimes she's quieter than other days. I'm sure this must be especially unnerving for you. There are many websites out there where you can buy/rent dopplers. I'm only renting mine for $25 per month. It's from bellybeats.com. It's not the fancy kind that measures HR for you...but I didn't really need that. You can just as easily count the beats for 10 seconds and multiply by 6. Half the time I don't even count the beats though...it's just reassuring to hear her HB.

The doppler has been such a lifesaver for me...I can't tell you.

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
My Ovulation Chart

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket

Pages