Update to breast pain/mastitis...

iVillage Member
Update to breast pain/mastitis...
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 12:21pm

The OB visit on Friday made me a bit nervous. While I'm not having the burning, searing pain I was having before (I'm assuming the antibiotics is helping with that), he was examining the lump and told me if it doesn't get better, then he wanted an ultrasound of it and to possibly aspirate it (it seems attached to tissue). He thinks it's probably an infected milk duct, but still acted a little concerned and puzzled by it. I've never noticed the lump before last week...when I woke up suddenly with it being pink over the top of it. The pink is pretty much gone...just slightly there, but the lump remains the same. It's firmish, but not hard....feels kinda rubbery and smooth. And I still have achy type pain, especially on top of my breasts. I don't know if that's due to pg breast changes or what. Anyway, the lump makes me nervous. I hope to God it's not something else. :/ It makes me a little scared since I know a friend and my aunt who have breast cancer. I wanna know what the heck it is, but at the same time, I'm scared to know. :(

Anyway,I'd appreciate a prayer or two. Thanks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 12:32pm

honestly that sounds a lot like classic mastitis to me! I had it when nursing DS and i got the pink rash and everything... the lump took quite a while to actually dissaepar completely... lots of hot compresses and hot showers! I really hope it clears up quickly now for you!

http://4catsandababy.com/
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 8:29am

No experience with that but hope it goes away soon and you feel better.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 11:52am
I'd agree it sounds like mastitus to me... I have heard stories of the c word and none of them were pink but mastitus does... Just keep your head up and keep us posted!! Prayers your way!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 2:44pm

Oh....what a relief! My lump is pretty much gone now. I had a teensy tiny leftover lump this morning and while I was in the shower, I massaged it and it disappeared. I must've unclogged the little that was left in there. PHEW! I have a feeling that that area is gonna be an ongoing issue though, both during my pg and afterwards once my milk comes in. A lactation consultant told me that I should continue to take lecithin to help with fatty deposits that might settle in the same duct. Supposed to help prevent clogged ducts. Anyway...yay! Guess the antibiotics must've done the trick.

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
My Ovulation Chart

Photobucket

Photobucket
"> PhotobucketPhotobucketLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 8:54pm

I am so glad you are feeling better!! =)

Photobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
pregnancy